Hetley75

Snake id needed.

Hey ladies and gentlemen. It’s been awhile since I been on life has a tad bit hectic. Hope everyone is doing well.

My cousin went to take his garbage out and this guy was in the can. It’s been there for about three days now. Animal control said they don’t come out unless it bites someone. Well there is a little boy next door and he’s worried if this bites him. Says he tried to get it with a shovel but hisses at him and tries to bite him. Anyone know what kind of snake it is ? Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_3817.jpg

• Like 1

Seems most ridiculous to me that animal Control was called. Yet they won’t come out until it bites someone. 

Well if you don’t know a thing about snakes and don’t want to kill the thing what do you do. Lots of people buy snakes for pets and just dump them when they get to big. That’s what was more concerning
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hetley75 said:

Well if you don’t know a thing about snakes and don’t want to kill the thing what do you do. Lots of people buy snakes for pets and just dump them when they get to big. That’s what was more concerning

You must have misread my post. Or moreso my intention. I was in no way mocking the guy who called. I am saying that the fact he did and yet they would not come out bc it hadn’t bitten anyone is ridiculous. What if Perhaps it was a rattler and they didn’t come out bc it “didn’t bite anyone yet”, and then the young neighbor was bitten. Unlikely maybe but wouldn’t take much for them to come out and say it’s harmless and then move it 

• Agree 1

Remember some years back when somebody released pet rattlers in paramus? You never know and can never be sure. IDK much about snakes, but that thing looks like a hog. I agree that animal control should've come out.