IGNORED

I love to fish but...

bucky

47 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

Pretty funny how the tune of some changed so quickly! For years now I’ve been talking with others and writing on these forums how the fishing is declining from what it was less than 20 years ago. I was consistently shut down and told the fishing was better than its ever been and I just didn’t know what I was doing...ha! Going back to as early as last year. Wether it’s bait or low numbers the fishing gets worse, though both are probably to blame but the latter surely is more the case.  

I think it was mostly because those certain people had skin in the game with trying to keep people paying to go out on their boats fishing or something but idk... maybe, it didn’t make sense to me denying the facts. It’s just crazy to me how long it wasn’t being discussed about the size limits when it came to targeting all the females! It starting ramping up last year and now it’s full on this year that anglers actually talking about it. 

Well since it's me your talking about . Let's get some things straight .

We have been fighting this for over 10 years at this point .

While very few did nothing more than bitch about the fishing getting worse .

What was said last year was they finally pushed the size limit to the point guys are still catching fish . But putting little in the box .

If guys could keep 17" fish they would be saying best fluke fishing ever . .

But the problem with the fishery is being compounded by ten more years of just killing the best of the female breeders .

2 seasons ago I pushed for a slot fish .

Guys fought for status quo.  And lost 2 fish going from 5/3 fish .

Anyone at the fisheries meeting knows I called out the numbers exactly to the start of the decline to Kirby Roots NMFS.

Showing their 18 and over size limit was crushing recruitment .

Saying we claimed fishing was good to put guys on our boats is really B.S..

As I don't run fluke charters .only fish fluke tourneys. And we pound fish each and every one of them . Sometimes burning A LOT of gas to find the bait concentrating the fish .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/