IGNORED

carolina skiff?

Kype

has anyone ever owned a carolina skiff? or been on/fished from one? i may have an oppurtunity to buy one for  a good deal but i have never fished from on. this one would be a center console boat 16 feet

are they ocean worthy? or just bays and lakes? 

thanks!

Edited by Kype

What version? I have a basic j16 with 25hp tiller and love it but I’d never go in the ocean with it. The higher priced models are seaworthy.

as a Carolina skiff owner I’ll say this- they are great for a utiltity boat. The higher end version I don’t think are worth the money 

There are hundreds of them down on the eastern shore of Virginia. I have fished from them and they are a good vessel on the back bay and on tidal rivers. Never been fishing on one in the ocean. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I rent a 21ft with a 90 Yamaha every year in Hatteras for the last five years. They’re great in the sound, can sneak into some super shallow water and have a ton of deck space. Would definitely not take it into the ocean even on a nice day, we’ve gotten tossed around by ferry wakes more than a few times. They’re easy to run, get up on plane quickly and don’t need a ton of power to move.