dlist777

Tired of Parcord tangling around your sticks?

Hmmmm...

Interesting....

But...

Figure 8 wrap a string around your hand for 5 minutes...

I will stick w my dog leash

Been doing that for years and it works awesome. Doesn’t take long at all and once you do it a few times it’s like riding a bike.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Been doing that for years and it works awesome. Doesn’t take long at all and once you do it a few times it’s like riding a bike.

Yup, same here.  It's really fast once you get the hang of it.

David

8 hours ago, yoda4x4 said:

I have been using the same quality retractable dog leash for 20+ yrs and there is no better way to haul your gear into your treestand

I get that this guy has a neat system....n may save a few bucks ....but u still have to buy the paracord, a spring loaded clip....n figure 8 it every time....I guess even on way down to lower equipment....or how does that work....because what goes up, must come down.....Or do u lower it and it then becomes all tangles?  Haul lines usually turn into a mess at some point

20+ years ago I discovered the retractable dog leash was a better way, bought 4 for my bro n pals, taped a flashlight on em, n gave them a custom Xmas gift.....they all still use em today.....as well as in the offf season walkin their bird dawgs!! 

14 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

I have been using the same quality retractable dog leash for 20+ yrs and there is no better way to haul your gear into your treestand

I get that this guy has a neat system....n may save a few bucks ....but u still have to buy the paracord, a spring loaded clip....n figure 8 it every time....I guess even on way down to lower equipment....or how does that work....because what goes up, must come down.....Or do u lower it and it then becomes all tangles?  Haul lines usually turn into a mess at some point

20+ years ago I discovered the retractable dog leash was a better way, bought 4 for my bro n pals, taped a flashlight on em, n gave them a custom Xmas gift.....they all still use em today.....as well as in the offf season walkin their bird dawgs!! 

You don't need the spring loaded clip.  Its more about the bulk savings, weight savings, and one less thing to bang against and make noise.  It's all trade offs in hunting....

1 hour ago, dlist777 said:

You don't need the spring loaded clip.  Its more about the bulk savings, weight savings, and one less thing to bang against and make noise.  It's all trade offs in hunting....

Yep, less is better when bow hunting unless you are hunting from the same stand, 50 yards from your back door. The reason I like this idea is because I don’t need to get and carry any additional equipment. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

You lower your equipment and then you climb down still having the other end on you. The line does not get tangled because it simply comes down gradually on its self. 

I do like your idea but I always try to carry less 

Edited by Lunatic