IGNORED

This dog has balls

LPJR

23 hours ago, 3Blade said:

It's a young bear, if it was a few years older the outcome could have been different.

Sad but true.  We've had labs and shepherds torn apart by bears in our community for doing exactly that.  

My last two dogs both hated and attacked bears. A lab and a flat-coated. They both got bloodied in fights, but never learned their lesson.

One time there was a doe behind my house protecting her fawn. I never knew does did this, but she wanted to kill my flat-coated, that harassed her. The doe kept charging the dog, with my sons and I right there. Finally, when it came down to a fight, my dog laid down on her belly, surrendering. Flat-coateds are pretty soft dogs.

But, not with the bear. She just went crazy. Finally the bear treed, and my dog came back limping, bloody gashes on her head and side. It just made her hate bears more. After, we were driving by Split Rock Reservoir, she jumps out of my truck when she saw a bear at the edge of the woods, and she was gone … disappeared into woods in Farney State Park and area, chasing the bear.

Same situation with my lab. Both otherwise docile dogs. I don't know why. It became a concern for me that someday they would indeed get killed by a bear out back.