LPJR

This dog has balls

West Milford bear eating bird seed didn't think this mini tornado was going to come around the fence.....

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 2

That dog had no fear at all of the bear. Bet it wasn't the first time he has chased one off.

• Agree 4

My first lab use to do that all the time until she met a big boar that charged her. She took a glancing swipe on her shoulder lucky it wasn’t bad but she learned real quick. She would still chase them but not biting at their asses anymore. My new lab freaks out when they are around but I can call her off quickly. One thing for sure is they Hate Bears 

• Like 3

That is funny.

It's a young bear, if it was a few years older the outcome could have been different.

• Like 1

That dog is nuts!  We had an Australian Shepherd that used to chase bears back when I lived in Sussex county.  Chased a small one up a thin tree, tree bent back down to the ground and the bear landed right in front of the dog.  Took off running with the dog chasing him from behind.

• Like 1

I’ve watched neighbors’ 5 lb dogs tree 500 lb bears more than once. Although the bear could eat these dogs and barely feel them going down his throat, bear seem to want nothing to do with angry domesticated dogs for some reason. But chain the dog to a tree and the bear will kill it and eat it every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

I’ve watched neighbors’ 5 lb dogs tree 500 lb bears more than once. Although the bear could eat these dogs and barely feel them going down his throat, bear seem to want nothing to do with angry domesticated dogs for some reason. But chain the dog to a tree and the bear will kill it and eat it every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is something to it. Google dogs vs bear and you can find videos of a single dog backing up a grizzly 

• Like 1