dlist777

Treehopper System

Anyone use this system (drill and bolts) to climb trees?  

I have a private parcel where I can drill trees.  But, it's a friend of the family and I dont want kill these trees?

If you've used it, let me know if you've seen it kill trees....

I've been using treehopper bolts for 10 to 12 years. I've never had a tree die. I pull the last four bolts when I'm leaving. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

I've been using treehopper bolts for 10 to 12 years. I've never had a tree die. I pull the last four bolts when I'm leaving. 

Screwed  into your holes thanks for ignition boring.

Friend of mine has done it and never had a tree die

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

Curious:  Do you leave the upper bolts in all season and then take down after season?  Or, just leave them in all year?  

8 minutes ago, dlist777 said:

Curious:  Do you leave the upper bolts in all season and then take down after season?  Or, just leave them in all year?  

I've done both but I usually take them out every year.  The tree will start to grow out around the bolt after a while. To remove them once that's happened, I just take an allen socket and rachet and screw them right out. The hole will close up over the off season but if I'm setting my stand in the same tree I'll usually redrill the same hole.

• Like 2

Great system for setting up those spots and trees you might frequent a lot. I had the hand drill that I carried with bolts for the supposed mobility , but it got to be just a bit much when setting and then hunting. Definitely need to pull the steps at the end of the season or you will never get them out.