IGNORED

Everything smoked

Bought this from Amazon, best 22 bucks I ever spent. It's very accurate, and simple to use. Had it for about a year, and it broke (..may have been my fault :) ) I emailed the company, all they did was request my original order number, and a picture of the broken unit, and 4 days later I had a brand new one show up at my door. I highly recommend it.

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 7.06.15 PM.png

Edited by Hunter115522

25 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

U r welcome 

Cats and dogs are friends... the lion lay with the lamb... See what a single smoking thread can do. :)

As for keeping an eye on temps, I use an Ivation remote, and Thermopop instant read thermometers. 

https://www.toptenreviews.com/digital-grill-thermometers-ivation-review

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

3 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Bought this from Amazon, best 22 bucks I ever spent. It's very accurate, and simple to use. Had it for about a year, and it broke (..may have been my fault :) ) I emailed the company, all they did was request my original order number, and a picture of the broken unit, and 4 days later I had a brand new one show up at my door. I highly recommend it.

For smoking .the units that have a wire let you monitor  the temps without opening the smoker , 

Very easy to use and you can set an internal temp alarm to go off at desired temp

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

6 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

I thing I have the same unit. I now can not cook without it

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

For smoking .the units that have a wire let you monitor  the temps without opening the smoker , 

Very easy to use and you can set an internal temp alarm to go off at desired temp

J

Edited by Lunatic

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

My unit has it and I use it. I still like to check different parts of the meat at the very and. However, it will work on its own 

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Use an internal thermometer. The recommended is 165 but I find it 185 to 190 is the best temp for the chicken. Instant readout thermometer  is a must

Everyone do yourself a favor....chicken goes to 185 degrees! Great call on that Mike....I am level 2 certified....in more ways than one!;)

22 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Yup, I use that with my smoker as well. It does work great. As Loony said, I also like to check other parts of the meat with the handheld instant read. It's also great for checking grilled meats as well.

I use this thermometer:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GE77QT0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5,800+ reviews on Amazon, 4.5 stars.

It's so simple to use, even I can use it!  Has two probes for two meats, or one meat and one oven temp.  Decent range, temp alarm, basically all the same features that ever other remote temp grill thing has.

I put lithium batteries in mine just to be cool.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

If you want to smoke meats the right way, you have to slave and sweat over it.  I don't care what you high-tech automated smoker jerks have to say!  If you're going to do it right, you use coal and wood with a lot of sweat put into it.

Get this:  https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/charcoal-grills/smokey-mountain-cooker-series/721001.html

image.png.aa0c836a4063407d240904e143a829da.png

The Weber Smokey Mountain smoker is revered around the smoking world as the premier go-to, champion smoker!  I can smoke meat on this for 12 hours without adding coal or wood.  Yeah, I might have to come out every so often to tweaks the vents, but you eventually have to get up every so often when you drink beers anyway, so it's no big deal.

I can fit a 13# brisket on the top rack, and pork butts fit easily on the top and bottom racks.  The water pan is ginormous, so it won't run out of water during the longest smokes.  I've never gotten close to running out of water.

The thing is build like a brick shit house.  Hey, it's a Weber, what would you expect?  Come with a cover to keep the rain off, and it's a freakin' heavy duty cover that'll last a decade.  It's portable.  My buddy keeps coming over to "borrow" mine.  I do charge tax, so I get some good cuts from whatever he makes.

I've owned at least 3-4 smokers before I bought this one.  Hands down, this is the best.  It's not cheap, but it will last at least 20 years.  I have a Weber charcoal grill that I've owned for 20 years, and the smoker is just as well built.

Another great selling point is that you can find parts for it anywhere.  Home Depot, Lowes, or Amazon.  More than likely your local garden shop probably has parts too.

The 18" is good for almost anything, but I may consider upgrading to the 22" one in a few years.  I might want to smoke larger briskets because leftovers go way too quickly.  Plus, I could give the one I have now to my buddy, and he would stop borrowing it.  I'd still charge him a rental fee (food).

So don't listen to anyone else, this is the smoker you want to get.  If you're not working for your smoked meat, you're doing it wrong (unless of course someone buys me one of those awesome wholly automated things as a generous gift, only then will I change my tune).

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.