IGNORED

Who Else Has Mixed Feelings About The Woman's Soccer Team?

3 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

That is shameful. Want to smack that grin of his face. 

Her teammates should have done that to her quite a while back.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, Big one said:

I also read an interesting fact today that although the men’s soccer salaries are higher, their total compensation represents 9% of their revenues.

The women’s teams compensation represents 13% of the total revenues.  One could argue they Gare over compensated compared to similar markets.

If they want larger salaries they need to grow their sport revenues.  I don’t think Rapinoe’s behavior and attitude is helping that growth.

For a time I followed soccer when I was younger..  now I do not at all nor do i agree with the way she is protesting,  as she knew going in the stakes and what the pay was,   but the reason there is a huge pay difference is FIFA will not promote women's soccer on the same scale as mens..  Being a predominantly European sport of men ,  womens sports have not taken hold as they have in the US.  Kneeling for the US flag and not putting her hand over her heart is mute as the US really has no controll over pay in the grand scheme of things with soccer,  all she is doing is making her self look foolish by taking a stand now when it should have been taken well prior with FIFA...

I'm sorry, but that is one ugly-ass woman. Soccer's version of Colin Kaepernick.

She is using her 15 minutes of fame to promote her silly agenda, but I believe 13 minutes have already been used up. I am curious what her teammates really think of her.

Edited by Stan Putz

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

5 hours ago, vdep217 said:

For a time I followed soccer when I was younger..  now I do not at all nor do i agree with the way she is protesting,  as she knew going in the stakes and what the pay was,   but the reason there is a huge pay difference is FIFA will not promote women's soccer on the same scale as mens..  Being a predominantly European sport of men ,  womens sports have not taken hold as they have in the US.  Kneeling for the US flag and not putting her hand over her heart is mute as the US really has no controll over pay in the grand scheme of things with soccer,  all she is doing is making her self look foolish by taking a stand now when it should have been taken well prior with FIFA...

The reason all women sports earn less than men is  due to differential skill level and physical abilities women’s sports do not have equal fan base. Promotion may have something to do with low ratings but promotion is base on the expected rate of return.

Edited by Lunatic