IGNORED

Giant 8 and Half Foot 250-300lb SandTiger

On 7/5/2019 at 9:34 PM, Gobblengrunt said:

Nice sandtiger.  Ive been catching quite a few big sandtigers that size the last few weeks.  Any other sharks (or different kinds)?  Looks like LBI?

Catching alot of Sandbars (Brown Sharks) duskys and Rays...  pretty soon I wouldn't be surprised if a stray baby Great white or a thresher gets pulled in... getting closer and closer to the beaches!

Might want to rethink posting things like this... Today I just got an email from NJ DFW from their mailing list - I can only assume it was in reaction to videos such like the one here in the OP:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Division of Fish and Wildlife <NJFishandWildlife@public.govdelivery.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:56 AM
Subject: Shark Regulations Reminder

Please be aware that fishing for sharks is regulated by the State and federal regulations.  Federal regulations prohibit targeting any prohibited species and anglers must release any prohibited shark immediately, without removing it from the water and in a manner that maximizes its chances of survival. For example, Sand Tiger Sharks are a prohibited species, therefore posing for pictures on the beach with this species or any other species on the prohibited list is a violation of federal regulations.  Additional information on the regulations regarding these species can be found at www.fisheries.noaa.gov/topic/atlantic-highly-migratory-species.