IGNORED

Small Animal Vets Suck Anymore......

IMO the Vets perspective has changed at least a few years back.  They're in it for the money now.  You can't walk into their office without them banging you.  Mine wanted to do 3 x-rays this, that and the other thing and she died the same night at 1:00am.  Just got the stool tested.  She knew because the girl at the desk said to bring her in right away instead of waiting on the preferred Vet the next day when I told her what the symptom was.  I wanted to avoid her because it's always a string of tests etc... It's a shame we as pet owners have to manage the care our pet receives not the vet because they'll get you as much as they can.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, hammer4reel said:

Vets all suck . 

Prices are based on emotion.

You know your in trouble when you walk in and they hand you a credit card app.

Or they walk in with a calculator in hand.

26 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

IMO the Vets perspective has changed at least a few years back.  They're in it for the money now.  You can't walk into their office without them banging you.  Mine wanted to do 3 x-rays this, that and the other thing and she died the same night at 1:00am.  Just got the stool tested.  She knew because the girl at the desk said to bring her in right away instead of waiting on the preferred Vet the next day when I told her what the symptom was.  I wanted to avoid her because it's always a string of tests etc... It's a shame we as pet owners have to manage the care our pet receives not the vet because they'll get you as much as they can.

The vet just called after KC's surgery, I am in for over a thousand dollars for a puncture wound. (I would have payed a lot more for my little buddy to get better, thank God the vet didn't know that!) The small puncture turned into a large incision with a drain. I can't help but wonder what the cost would have been if the vet saw him on Monday? 

On 7/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, Gunsmoke said:

They should not lose money while doing their work. Yes there are some bad apples but many people are slow to pay, or not pay at all after the treatment. It’s a function of how far they go now to save the animal, with the associated cost. The old days there was no options to do what the technology let’s them do now, and it was unthinkable to pay thousands of dollars to save a pet. They were put down when the cost was excessive and this part was executed by the owner behind the back yard shed. Things have change as we now thing of our pets as members of our family.

22 minutes ago, rocky said:

A KC update.

His nub of a tail has started wagging again finally. The timing of the fireworks and thunderstorms together did not come at a good time but he is dealing well with his limited mobility.

65712025_10215086413219953_578909382307866004820_10215086437780567_2839897084092

Get well KC