IGNORED

Small Animal Vets Suck Anymore......

My pup KC got hurt chasing a stick over the weekend. He is lame in the left front and has a puncture wound in his chest. I called and left a message on Sunday hoping they could fit him in on Monday when they re-opened. The soonest I can get a appointment with KC's vet is Tuesday night at 7. :(

If one of my horses gets hurt the horse vet will be at the barn that day. Just venting.

There's an emergency animal hosp just off route 46 around Fairfield.  I can get the address if you're in the area.  They are good.  My regular vet didn't know what was wrong, and the emergency hosp cost less than my vet, even though the cure was costly .  We go there all the time now even though it's about a 50 minute drive.

Tell me about it. We just put down our older dog last week She was having multiple seizures and I called the vet at 4 pm and couldn't get her in until 915 that night. In addition, the vet miss the vein in the back leg and had to stick her a second time. We have been going to the same Vet office since 1983. I was very disappointed in the whole situation regarding on how we were treated. The photo below is our little Maddie, a Boykin Spaniel, in younger years. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Batsto

31 minutes ago, Batsto said:

Tell me about it. We just put down our older dog last week She was having multiple seizures and I called the vet at 4 pm and couldn't get her in until 915 that night. In addition, the vet miss the vein in the back leg and had to stick her a second time. We have been going to the same Vet office since 1983. I was very disappointed in the whole situation regarding the how we were treated. .The photo below is of our little Maddie, a Boykin Spaniel, in younger years. 

image.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. As Posted here many times the worst day ever putting your friend down. Hopefully the joy she gave you and your loved ones will be the memories you have of her.

So the vet just left and KC has to go in for surgery at 7a.m. tomorrow morning. His small puncture ( probably from a stick while chasing a stick which is kinda of ironic huh?)  has opened up and now they need to investigate under the skin flaps, stitch and, maybe even add a drain. :banghead: 

2 minutes ago, rocky said:

So the vet just left and KC has to go in for surgery at 7a.m. tomorrow morning. His small puncture ( probably from a stick while chasing a stick which is kinda of ironic huh?)  has opened up and now they need to investigate under the skin flaps, stitch and, maybe even add a drain. :banghead: 

He is a special dog, and you are a good man. I know your story on this one and I always look forward to any news/pics of KC. I wish KC speedy recovery and for you the smallest bill possible :shock: