IGNORED

Question About Wireless Trail Cameras

Tarhunt

10 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Me personally no. Bc I don’t have the ability to just on the fly leave work or take advantage of something that happens right now. I would have a cam send me pictures once daily during the week. And immediately when I know I’ll be hunting. The apps allow it to be changed on some cameras. Also I know the deer are where they are. I could use a regular camera in these areas as I do now. The reason I’m leaning towards a cell cam is bc as season change particularly in winter the sun often times causes false triggers for a few hours each day. A cell cam would show me that and allow me to reposition once/twice a year if needed on a nasty day to help hide my access. Whereas a regular cam I wouldn’t know about false triggers and a dead battery until it was too late. 

Tageting a mature whitetail I would want pictures instantly especially during the prerut and rut when a target buck or transient buck is on his feet and may only be on you property for a day or 2. By time you get your weekly pics the buck could be dead already. 

www.liftxrentals.com

1 minute ago, tcook8296 said:

Tageting a mature whitetail I would want pictures instantly especially during the prerut and rut when a target buck or transient buck is on his feet and may only be on you property for a day or 2. By time you get your weekly pics the buck could be dead already. 

As do I. When I’m able to hunt him. If I have a work week that dictates I can hunt Monday and Tuesday, the other 5 days once a day photos is more then adequate. 

I have them on my lease in Ohio.... Exactly is everyone states above.... Cell signal is the key....certain areas of my property the cameras are useless and certain areas they prove to be a great asset..... Battery life is an issue as well depending on which kind you have.... Having ready access to the cameras is important in case of a problem..... It is an 8-hour drive for me for camera issues which can be troublesome..... I have stealth cam and when working properly they are great.... Good luck

8 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

Me personally no. Bc I don’t have the ability to just on the fly leave work or take advantage of something that happens right now.I would have a cam send me pictures once daily during the week. And immediately when I know I’ll be hunting. The apps allow it to be changed on some cameras. Also I know the deer are where they are. I could use a regular camera in these areas as I do now. The reason I’m leaning towards a cell cam is bc as season change particularly in winter the sun often times causes false triggers for a few hours each day. A cell cam would show me that and allow me to reposition once/twice a year if needed on a nasty day to help hide my access. Whereas a regular cam I wouldn’t know about false triggers and a dead battery until it was too late. 

You will use it for the reason you want to use it and how you want to use it but some of what you are saying makes no sense and maybe only because you don't have one yet. I am not arguing with you just telling you what I know about it and how what I know does not lead itself to what you want to get from your camera. 

1. you may not have ability to go hunting  just because deer are on camera but when you do go it is nice to have MRI. 

2. Why request to get pics,  which in itself is problematic, instead getting them real time? The cam connects to the network after the picture is taken, and stored on SDR card, and then it disconnects after the pic is mailed . You don't want your camera looking for signal 24/7 , especially if you have weak signal, to get your commend from the cell phone because that would drain your battery in no time.  I have to set the frequency for my camera to look for my commends,  real time-6hrs-12hrs-24hrs, and it is recommended to set your camera for every 24 hrs to save batteries.  Otherwise you force your camera to roam  24/7 for the signal and your battery will be gone in a few days. As you can see it maybe difficult to just send a commend at 7 pm, because you think about hunting in the AM, since it may take 24hrs for your request to get to your cam. Why not allow real time of picture delivery ? I don't get it?

3. My cell cams produce tons of false trigger pics. Its a way of life and going in and out to correct the problem is not the answer. Most cell cams are triggered by motion and temperature sensor and the temp sensor will take decent amount of pictures due to sun, thermals ETC.

Edited by Lunatic

What kind of pricing you guys getting? My middle of the road MoultrieMobile subscription was $20 a month for shotty service. I’m debating on whether or not to activate again for The upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

What kind of pricing you guys getting? My middle of the road MoultrieMobile subscription was $20 a month for shotty service. I’m debating on whether or not to activate again for The upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pay $24.99 for 3 months with 10,000 pics. Additional camera is $5/Months and I do run two of them.

I'm using spartan go cams cost is $5.00 a month on my Verizon plan and $3.00 for spartan credits per month. Cameras are great I have 5 out right now and dont have to go in and pull cards like my old moultries

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

15 minutes ago, Bowhunter444 said:

I'm using spartan go cams cost is $5.00 a month on my Verizon plan and $3.00 for spartan credits per month. Cameras are great I have 5 out right now and dont have to go in and pull cards like my old moultries

You missed to give us some key info. $5.00/months for what? One picture per month? 2? 100?

Just now, Bowhunter444 said:

Unlimited as I have unlimited service on my Verizon phone

That's great but I don't get it. It must be different system because what I pay for has nothing to do with what you pay for your cell phone. I pay for them to get the photos to my cell.
How is the quality of pictures? Can you post one?

That's great but I don't get it. It must be different system because what I pay for has nothing to do with what you pay for your cell phone. I pay for them to get the photos to my cell.
How is the quality of pictures? Can you post one?
I dont have service with spartan cam I have my data plan with Verizon the only thing I pay spartan is 3 bucks a month per cam for credits. I have unlimited data plan with Verizon so I get as many pics as I want

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

40 minutes ago, Bowhunter444 said:

I just looked on Spartan web pages and the cheapest program for ATT and Verizon is $9.99/ month for 50MB/month which is +_ 1,000 pictures/ month. I

My first cell cam was a Spartan gocam that I bought in the off season. Being impatient to use it, I activated the camera and placed it in my driveway. It worked great, about 20 to 30 seconds after pulling into my driveway a pic would be sent to me. I knew when Brenda was home before she got to the door . I knew when my electric meter got read, etc. 

About 2 weeks after putting up the camera I was  scouting for turkeys and about a mile from the truck and I got a pic of a cop car in my driveway, 30 seconds later, another pic of the cop  getting something from the trunk.  Now...being friends with some troopers, I know the things that are in trunks of cop cars !!! 

I call Brenda but get no answer, so I rush home to find no one home. Good news is... The front door was not kicked in and no apparent raid had taken place.

Finally Brenda answers her phone, she locked the keys in her car and called the cops to Jimmie her lock !

3360292.jpg

3360238.jpg