OMC

Cape Cod Help

Ok so I didn’t join in on the group going up to Cape Cod because I have been telling my wife that I would take her for a few days. Looks like we are planning on going in a couple of weeks for 3 days. Here is what I hope someone that has been there can help me with. Where do you go for a shore town with the Cape feeling and shops for her to wander around while I jump on a boat to fish ? That place is big there is Chatham , Harwich , Hyannis Port, Falmouth and more. It’s are first time and i want to make sure we get it right. 

Marshfield green harbor area is nice lots of fresh seafood and cold beer

• Like 1

Travel really early or really late.  There is 1 way in and 1 way out and it's a nightmare.   You'll spend the whole day sitting in traffic with a bunch of chowderheads.

• Like 1

I have a place in Hyannis so I am partial to that area.  Chatham is a tourist town. Not worth it. Falmouth is a nice town but not Cape Coddy.  We have a large downtown with a nice town square, lots of food and some of the best beaches around. Downtown Hyannis has plenty of cute shops.  Spanky's clam shack for clam bellies and don't miss the Army Navy store in town.  Look it up on Google. BTW, the shore is in Jersey.  Up there it's the beach.  If you go, the traffic is worse on Saturday. Rentals are Saturday to Saturday.  Arrive on Sunday or  a weekday and you have no problems. PM me if you have questions.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Travel really early or really late.  There is 1 way in and 1 way out and it's a nightmare.   You'll spend the whole day sitting in traffic with a bunch of chowderheads.

They Not chowderheads. The way they drive, they are  Massholes.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, OMC said:

Ok so I didn’t join in on the group going up to Cape Cod because I have been telling my wife that I would take her for a few days. Looks like we are planning on going in a couple of weeks for 3 days. Here is what I hope someone that has been there can help me with. Where do you go for a shore town with the Cape feeling and shops for her to wander around while I jump on a boat to fish ? That place is big there is Chatham , Harwich , Hyannis Port, Falmouth and more. It’s are first time and i want to make sure we get it right. 

Take her fishing and let her catch a fluke bigger than your biggest and she will be happy...Win win

• Like 1