IGNORED

WTB Smith & Wesson 916 or 916t 12ga (for parts)

230jhp

Looking to get this gun to cannibalize for parts.  I have one that has a certain sentimental value. I am trying to get it operational.  This is a poorly designed gun that weighs a ton because of the carbon steel receiver. The old one I have used to shoot Brenneke smooth bore slugs pretty well. I took many deer with it back in the '70's ;'80's and even into the '90's.  I also took a lot of pheasants with the 28" barrel. Mine has been sitting around disassembled for years. I got a replacement trigger housing from Numrich as well as some smaller parts, however I cannot get it to work with the components I have. What I am looking to do is drop the complete trigger housing assembly into my receiver and scrap the rest.

Since this is really a junk gun I am not willing to pay much for it. If someone has one laying around their gun safe unused let me know what you want for it. 

1 hour ago, 230jhp said:

Looking to get this gun to cannibalize for parts.  I have one that has a certain sentimental value. I am trying to get it operational.  This is a poorly designed gun that weighs a ton because of the carbon steel receiver. The old one I have used to shoot Brenneke smooth bore slugs pretty well. I took many deer with it back in the '70's ;'80's and even into the '90's.  I also took a lot of pheasants with the 28" barrel. Mine has been sitting around disassembled for years. I got a replacement trigger housing from Numrich as well as some smaller parts, however I cannot get it to work with the components I have. What I am looking to do is drop the complete trigger housing assembly into my receiver and scrap the rest.

Since this is really a junk gun I am not willing to pay much for it. If someone has one laying around their gun safe unused let me know what you want for it. 

What goes on those trigger assembly is the sire pin most of the time a good gun smith can add weld and then take back down and get it working. Just something to think about 

On 6/29/2019 at 12:45 PM, Ringwoodfrank said:

Don’t know where your located, but Action Shooter in Haledon has one right now on GBroker. 

I am familiar with that place.....he probably wants top dollar for it.

11 hours ago, Ringwoodfrank said:

$150. 

I think I paid $125 for that gun new in the 1970's at Edelmans in Wayne.  To get one to cannibalize I would balk at paying half that.

There was a re call on it at the time I bought it because the barrels were bursting when fired. Back then I worked for HES Machine Tool the company  that sold the tracer lathes S&W used to turn the barrel OD's on that gun.  The problem was over pressure on a hydraulically controlled "omni rest" that supported the barrel while turning.  Since I had an inroad to S&W at the time I was able to get the re-proof tested barrels easily.

I haven't been to that store in Haledon since the 1990's. I am surprised it's still in business. As I recall when he was open he kept the door locked and you had to show your FID card through the door for him to buzz you in. I guess that makes sense since it was only 100 yards from the border with Paterson...actually Haledon is just an extension of Paterson these days anyway. Having grown up in Haledon I can also remember when that store was a fish market.