2023 NJW&W Christmas Dinner at Pub199 on December 15th! Click here for more info and to RSVP! ×
IGNORED

Bluefin regulations...VDEP217 IS CORRECT

nmc02

For the people who tuna fish...just got off phone w  NMFS customer service. They told me ONLY giant bluefin (73" or larger) must be released for remainder of 2019. Private recreational...2 fish (27-47") & 1 (47-72) can be kept, 6 pack charter 3 fish (27-47), 1 (47-72) can be kept, & headboats 6 fish (27-47), & 2 47-73) can be kept. I explained that post on their site did not seem to say this and I was assured ONLY Giants had to be released. THIS IS FOR BLUEFIN ONLY.

45 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

For the people who tuna fish...just got off phone w  NMFS customer service. They told me ONLY giant bluefin (73" or larger) must be released for remainder of 2019. Private recreational...2 fish (27-47") & 1 (47-72) can be kept, 6 pack charter 3 fish (27-47), 1 (47-72) can be kept, & headboats 6 fish (27-47), & 2 47-73) can be kept. I explained that post on their site did not seem to say this and I was assured ONLY Giants had to be released. THIS IS FOR BLUEFIN ONLY.

It seems they did..  it looks like they relclassed trophy into 2 catagories..  large/medium and giant..  the 47 to 73 is classed as large school/ medium

Edited by vdep217