IGNORED

Electro Shocking Lopatcong Creek today

1 minute ago, Gobblengrunt said:

Thats so awesome!  Thanks for sharing.  If you electroshok any other waters, i would love to see the results like this

I just learned today that we will be shocking the lower Lamington River where the remnant Burnt Mills Dam removal will be done hopefully later this summer.  My firm designed the removal and channel restoration with US Fish & Wildlife's dam removal engineer for anadromous fish passage and habitat.  For the anadromous fish, think American shad, river herring, striped bass, and American eels.  I believe the state stocks trout here as well, although I'm not at all certain about that.   

In case nobody noticed, we did find an adult brook trout this far downstream which is the furthest downstream that species has been recorded.  Anglers that fish the lower Lopat may know otherwise, but for electro shocking, this is the furthest downstream.  Water temps hit a high of 62F today which is not too bad at all.  Lethality for trout is somewhere between 79.5 and 80F, depending on the amount of dissolved oxygen in the water.  And they go into thermal stress over 70F, so 62 is good for NJ this time of year.  But it is also our only true limestone spring creek, flowing out of Montana Mountain.