mike033089

looking for exterminator (bats) near blairstown

hi all, looking for an exterminator to help me prevent one or 2 bats from becoming a problem.  in the year since we moved in we have a bat that we watch fly out nightly under the siding.  well today i was in the attic and saw some droppings that were not there a few days ago  and found the bat above sleeping where the hip rafters meet the ridge.  cant see any other spots with droppings but we have a large attic so looking for someone to remove whats there and prevent new bats. so any recommendations for the blairstown area?  thank you

I could be totally wrong on this but I am under the impression that do to the volatility of the bat population nothing can be done depending on species..  again I could be completely wrong..

12 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I could be totally wrong on this but I am under the impression that do to the volatility of the bat population nothing can be done depending on species..  again I could be completely wrong..

No bat exclusion from May to September. There's a guy that used to be from Washington Nj but, I think he moved. I think he's called The Bat Man. Not sure. 

Sixth year in a row that “Bart” has come back. He lives between the window and the screen by day, hunts at night.

B14DC476-7EA0-4A96-AE05-5E7B1C68F656.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

No bat exclusion from May to September. 

That's interesting, I didn't know that.

We had one fly into the house through an open door last week.  I was able to catch it by hand once it landed.  It was released outside unharmed, hope I'm not in trouble for that.  :lookaround: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DBuck said:

Sixth year in a row that “Bart” has come back. He lives between the window and the screen by day, hunts at night.

B14DC476-7EA0-4A96-AE05-5E7B1C68F656.jpeg

Bart's adorable.  :up::up:

• Agree 1

You need to be real careful with bats and rabies, a guy in Buttzville awhile back died from from removing them from the old post office on Rt. 46 after he moved in.  Droppings also.  A friend's sister in Brick had a raccoon in the garage, after getting rid of it she swept up the droppings, when her Dr. found out, he made her get the rabies shot.

yeah my dad has estimated 30-40 bats in his attic. bat crap all over the place. i cant remember who he called(ill ask). but its $1000 to remove and clean up. and now he  needs all new attic insulstion on top of it . 

Close all the holes they can squeeze into. You can try some bat boxes after that. I have at least 50 or so in my barn. 

• Like 1
  • Winner 1