IGNORED

let's talk revolvers

mazzgolf

My neighbor was talking to me and mentioned he has a lot of guns he wants to sell. I've always wanted a nice compact revolver in at least .38 or .357, and he showed me his stainless steel Ruger SP101 .357 snub nose. It looks really nice. I hate the small grip, but I shot a SP101 with a Hogue grip before and thought it was fine. So I'm thinking of getting it and just putting on a  Hogue grip.

What are people's thoughts on this Ruger snubby? Anyone have one - if so, what do you like/dislike about it?

What is your favorite compact revolver?

(Now that I saw this Ruger, I suddenly want a revolver :) I already filled out the online purchase permit application and my references already submitted their forms - so we'll see how long it takes to get this permit in hand. :whatever: I can't believe NJ is making it easier to obtain a purchase permit - but we'll see. I was surprised how easy it was to fill out the online form and for my references to complete their portion of it - all done online and through email so far. Still hate this whole thing but it seems better than the process we had before.)

Can’t comment on the Ruger but I recently bought my first revolver, Smith & Wesson 686 plus (7-shot) 4” barrel .38/357. I love it.  Clearly it doesn’t meet your criteria of compact but it’s beautiful.  

I have a few full size revolvers in 357 and 38..  s&w 357 6 inch and sbub nose a colt detective 38 a taurus ul and a ruger 6 inch.. I can tell you this the full size are more of a pleasure to shoot magnum rounds..  the taurus and colt suck even with 38s as the small frame is light and is jumpy..  I reload and have found a happy medium with 38 wadd cutters.. for a first revolver stick with full size and avoid snub nose.  Again just my opinion

I don’t have any snubbys but have considered buying one in. I recently sold a Taurus .38 Special which I like but never shot. I have (2) other revolvers which I love. I have a Taurus Judge and a Ruger Redhawk .44. My brothers ex fiance had the SP101 in .22 and it was a lot of fun to shoot. I just might get one just for fun eventually. 

i have a S&W 357. rosewood grips with 6" barrel and a ruger lcr in 357. both great revolvers. the lcr has such a small barrel though that its only accruate so far. i bought the lcr to carry in pa. accurate to about 10 yards. thats it, at least for my shooting ability. the s&w is good out to 40 yards.