Ryanm

Friend dying of cancer

Posted (edited)

Update he passed this morning in his wife’s arms.

A good friend is in hospice 41 and probably won’t make it another week.

proud union member from local 274. If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have my career in the Union that I do today.

if possible please share this go fund me or donate if you’d like. Sharing would help the family out. Hes leaving behind his wife and 3 kids.

its a real shame to be going so young.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-support-of-chris-chmurra-and-family?pc=fb_co_campmgmt_w&rcid=r01-156078895271-271cf3253d994c87&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_campmgmt_w

Edited by Ryanm
  • Agree 1

I'm so sorry. Way too young. God Bless him and his family. 

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear this about your friend. He and his family will be in our prayers.

• Like 1

Hopefully he is set up with the Union where they will help take care of his family. That’s part of the reason they were established to begin with. Terrible experience for everyone involved though 😢

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear Ryan, me and my family are proud union members, I will definitely help out and keep him and his family in my prayers 

• Like 1

not to change the subject but every week in church seems we are praying for someone else with cancer sometimes two or three more. When I grew up cancer was not this rampant yes you would hear of someone with cancer a couple times a year or so but now its daily and much younger...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buckhound said:

not to change the subject but every week in church seems we are praying for someone else with cancer sometimes two or three more. When I grew up cancer was not this rampant yes you would hear of someone with cancer a couple times a year or so but now its daily and much younger...

:agree:

So sorry to hear about your friend.  Prayers to him and his family. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your friend.  That's just awful 

Fuck cancer.  I hate these threads and how many of us have all watched it destroy the ones we love.  I hate hearing this shit...every...single...time

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Ugh, I hate reading these threads.  It always makes me ask why I'm still here some 25 years, 6 months and 15 days after my diagnosis and not one of the other 50% of all cancer patients that will ultimately lose their battles......

Sorry for what you and your friend and his family are going through.  Cancer sucks.  Period 

• Like 1

So sorry to read this. Sincere condolences. 

Such bad stuff happens to good folks.

I'd be willing to support Joe Biden's "moon shot." It's friggn' time to do this. Too many families ravaged by cancer.

• Like 1