IGNORED

Tough Fluking

Buck154

Fished Friday and Saturday in RB. Friday took my uncle and we managed 4 keepers in some of the craziest winds I have fished. Was blowing steady 25 and gusting to 35 mph. You know it was bad when I was the only boat that put in at the Leonardo State ramp and not another boat put in . 

Then went out Saturday on a friend's boat to fish the the JCAA fluke tournament. Was perfect condition first thing in the morning. Started out with some shorts and then I got one just under 21". Thought it was going to be a good day....wrong!!! The wind picked up again :banghead:. We caught one more keeper and that was it. 

Hope the weather breaks soon so I can get some better fishing in. Has to get better sooner or later

20190614_154955.jpg

20190614_090633.jpg

20190614_083133.jpg

Edited by Buck154

Just now, SPEARFISH said:

At least you got some.  I decided not to beat up my 78 year old dad this weekend.  We'll try next week if it settles down.

Yeah my uncle is 76 and takes him 2 days to recovery from fishing. But he is the one person I can call and ask to go and there is never any excuse not to go. So many times people want to go till you call them to go. 

Something is better than nothing. Congrats.

Tomorrow looks like the best day so far to go out on my boat for sea bass before the season ends on Saturday. I asked my older fishing buddy if he can make it work but, I am still waiting. Need to find someone who can go when the fish are biting and the weather is good to go. 

It sucked when the wind kicked up. I called it quits when the headboats moved in. Probably had half hour of good fishing. And that time was when the wind picked up a bit to give a good drift and a half hour before the gale force winds started

Edited by rgw