Jerseybassnbow

Craigslist question

14 hours ago, Jerseybassnbow said:

Spoke to him. He provided a business card of the bank that will be issuing the loan along with his personal info. I will be in touch with the bank (Champlain National Bank) with his provided name and see what they require. He stated to deal with them directly  so we shall see.  So far, the guys seems solid and like I said, cash face to face takes it.

The guy hasn't even came to see the boat yet?  Sounds more fishy the fish you catch out of it. Never trust anyone that wants to buy on sight unseen! 

• Agree 1

Just now, Live to Hunt said:

Don’t use the numbers he provides for you 

Yep.  Pretty easy to make a fake business card.  

Real shame you need to worry about all these scams.  They need to start making examples out of the scam artists.  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, MikeStaten said:

Yep.  Pretty easy to make a fake business card.  

Real shame you need to worry about all these scams.  They need to start making examples out of the scam artists.  

The business card is legitimate her name on the card is actually on the website at Champlain Bamk under the branch location with her experience.

Edited by Jerseybassnbow
  • Like 1

I'm not disagreeing with any of you guys but the guy is just trying to get a bank loan and then will come in person to make the purchase. I do appreciate the caution as it is a shame we have to go through all of this with all the fraud going on

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jerseybassnbow said:

The business card is legitimate her name on the card is actually on the website at Champlain Bamk under the branch location with her experience.

That's cool.  Sounds like you are good to go on this one.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jerseybassnbow said:

I'm not disagreeing with any of you guys but the guy is just trying to get a bank loan and then will come in person to make the purchase. I do appreciate the caution as it is a shame we have to go through all of this with all the fraud going on

I've had nothing but good experience's on craigs.

Knock on wood.

Cashier's check is good as cash.

Hope it all works out.:up:

One thing to note when you ask for cash and the guy says "No problem! I'll bring cash".

Expect the guy to come with cash - just not the full amount you agreed upon. "Oh, but this is all I have. I was hoping it would be good enough" or "Oh, I thought we agreed to this much. Would you take if for that?"

Been there, done that.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

5 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

One thing to note when you ask for cash and the guy says "No problem! I'll bring cash".

Expect the guy to come with cash - just not the full amount you agreed upon. "Oh, but this is all I have. I was hoping it would be good enough" or "Oh, I thought we agreed to this much. Would you take if for that?"

Been there, done that.

I have only 2 crows today,but I'll happily pay you the third crow on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

I've had nothing but good experience's on craigs.

Knock on wood.

Hope it all works out.:up:

I sold my boat on Craig’s list in 90 minutes. I posted it for $5,500 and had cash in hand within  1.5 hrs. You never know. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

No, it's definitely not!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

No, it's definitely not!

My bad,I meant certified check.

Edited by hunterbob1

Question, what are the legalities of keeping my plates on the trailer once the boat has been sold so that the seller can get it back to his place and is it legal for me to take back those plates after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Jerseybassnbow said:

Question, what are the legalities of keeping my plates on the trailer once the boat has been sold so that the seller can get it back to his place and is it legal for me to take back those plates after the fact.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t do it.  Give him the title and he can share it with the cop if he gets pulled over.  Might give him a pass.