Jump to content
MZ7Extreme

not hunting but a question about a propeller

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have a 14-15 inch diameter x 21 pitch right handed  prop I can borrow?

I have a 14 1/2 ×23m rh prop now but I need to drop down 2 inches

Edited by MZ7Extreme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

I don't. What are you trying to do? Quicker up on plane? Bass boat?

Yes and better top speed. I'm only getting 3000 RPMs and I am hammered down on the hot foot.  Once it gets on plane it's good but only getting 5200-5400 RPMs and only going 48-50 mph and I should have a max of 6000 RPMs and be going about 62mph

Edited by MZ7Extreme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Yes and better top speed. I'm only getting 3000 RPMs and I am hammered down on the hot foot.  Once it gets on plane it's good but only getting 5200-5400 RPMs and only going 48-50 mph and I should have a max of 6000 RPMs and be going about 62mph

You say drop 2” but it appears you want to drop pitch not size correct? If you drop pitch you will indeed raise rpm by 400-500 but you will lose speed. Is your current prop aluminum? If you switch to stainless in the same size/pitch you’ll gain speed due to the fact of thinner/stronger blades that won’t deflect as easily and push water more efficiently . The addition of a jack mount would also i crease top end performance 

Edited by MGHunter66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

You say drop 2” but it appears you want to drop pitch not size correct? If you drop pitch you will indeed raise rpm by 400-500 but you will lose speed. Is your current prop aluminum? If you switch to stainless in the same size/pitch you’ll gain speed due to the fact of thinner/stronger blades that won’t deflect as easily and push water more efficiently . The addition of a jack mount would also i crease top end performance 

Right now the motor isn't turning the 23 pitch prop. Yes sorry not in diameter, I meant Each pitch is an inch of rotation.

I run only SS props, have a 10" manual jackplate.

Also put an 14 1/4 x 18 prop and my boat jump out of the whole lighting fast but yes speed dropped but I got 6100 RPMs  out of it.

Called Yamaha and was told they are using 22 and 21s on the VMAX SHOs now.

So I figured let me try a 21 and see

 

 

Edited by MZ7Extreme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

Right now the motor isn't turning the 23 pitch prop. Yes sorry not in diameter, I meant Each pitch is an inch of rotation.

I run only SS props, have a 10" manual jackplate.

Also put an 14 1/4 x 18 prop and my boat jump out of the whole lighting fast but yes speed dropped but I got 6100 RPMs  out of it.

Called Yamaha and was told they are using 22 and 21s on the VMAX SHOs now.

So I figured let me try a 21 and see

 

 

Gotcha, sounds like you have a plan. Maybe post on njfishing.com to see if anyone has one you can try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...