Zipper

Injury While Fishing

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

2 years ago fishing the Delaware river and caught my first snake Head ever. Got hime on a topwater plug. Well I took a couple pictures of him then I went to remove the hooks from him and he went nuts. Thats when it went wrong.  He got 2 of the points on one hook in my thumb and pinky. He shook so hard that he broke the other hook that was in him. Was fun trying to get that out cause both were so close together.  I cut the hook  and got the one out but the other I could not get out or pushed through. Ended up putting a piece of tape around it to keep from catching any thing. Went to work the following day cause it was late by the time I got home that night. Then after work went to the ER to get it removed. 

Screenshot_20190611-161336.jpg

Screenshot_20190611-161256.jpg

Screenshot_20190611-161221.jpg

Oooooo the dreaded double whammy LOL

• Haha 1

No injury, but a mishap two weeks ago. I slid down the bank and into the Rahway River up to my knees. It happened in a blink, I step onto a muddy slope that was a lot more slippery then anticipated and before I new it I was going in. I managed to grab a sapling and saved my self from going completely in. I almost submerged my cell and managed to ruin a pair of sneakers.  Driving home with muddy sneakers and wet shorts was not fun.

• Like 1

Delaware river a few years back. We were on a good walleye and striper bite. About 3am had a run in with the fillet knife. Had it stitched, then got infected, so stitches back out and just left it open for a about a month until it closed up. 

20180714_024616.jpg

20180714_161231.jpg

20180718_114915.jpg

IMG_52121.jpg

• Disturbing 1
  • Winner 2

Good Lord Scotty!! Looking at that I shouldn't complain about getting muddy sneakers:shock:

35 minutes ago, Scotty155 said:

Delaware river a few years back. We were on a good walleye and striper bite. About 3am had a run in with the fillet knife. Had it stitched, then got infected, so stitches back out and just left it open for a about a month until it closed up. 

20180714_024616.jpg

20180714_161231.jpg

20180718_114915.jpg

IMG_52121.jpg

Damn that's messed up 

Pulled my hamstring throwing a harpoon once....instantly turned black n blue, couldn't walk for a week

32 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Pulled my hamstring throwing a harpoon once....instantly turned black n blue, couldn't walk for a week

Sounds like you tore the muscle.

i remember hooking my Dad real good when I was maybe 8 yrs old. I still remember the look I got. He took it like a man but I knew I effed up.