LPJR

What was your 1st car?

5 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

1971 Chevy Truck...aka the Blue Banana.....3 on the tree!!

Circa fall 1989, here is my lil bro w his first Pennsy bow kill n my high school buddies w the truck. 

Looked a bit like below side profile pic, giant side mirror evenutally got knocked off by hitting a deer.  Gas tank rt behind bench seat was a nice safety feature too!  Lol

Screenshot_20190611-072333.png

images (8).jpeg

Adam rode the blue banana!? :rofl::rofl: Love the truck, busting bro :up:

Great pics 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 6.5 Swede said:

Start of my senior year at high school, 1974.  Got off the bus and saw my great-uncle in the driveway, standing beside his 1956 Ford pickup.  He threw the keys to me and said, "Give me a ride home in your truck."  He had bought that truck new in '56, and had just bought a new '75 F-100, giving me his old one!  Later, in 1989, after he had passed, I bought that '75 from his estate.  I dearly miss that old gentleman.  Rest in Peace, Uncle Norman.

How cool is that? This is what brings back memories when many of us see a particular car. Awesome and well said Swede, r.i.p! :up:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Let me know how many of the new cars make it to be a classic, let alone an antique .

only way today’s garbage will last that long is if they are never driven and put in a humidity controlled garage.

The ability to become an antique had little to do with the fact that the automobile revolutionized transportation and become one of the most disruptive technologies in history. It also has nothing to do with the purpose of an automobile. 

Even if your statement is true there are many things that play into the fact that today's autos don't last as long, consumer preferences, competition for natural resources, increase in road salt usage over the past 40 years, etc. 

• Like 1

68 dodge charger 383 magnum during the gas crunch! ( I worked at a gas station , good thing) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LPJR said:

Adam rode the blue banana!? :rofl::rofl: Love the truck, busting bro :up:

Great pics 

Lol

Yup....a real chick magnet Lou!!

My dad had a jacked up Jeep for me but the insurance company would cover it for a juvie driver!!  Ugh. Would have been the cool guy in HS!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

1982 full sized Bronco. Threw the 351 out in the garbage and put a 460 in it I bought from my auto shop teacher. 4mpg!!!! Horrible ride, looked cool but it wasn't   44" ground hawgs. 

IMG_20180405_192615079~2.jpg

Edited by Booner
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I'll look tomorrow when she's not home. 

I still can't find the pics of my pickup. This is what is was like below, sort of....I will post when I find them....

image.png.b6ae0f283eebcdbb574b66f1a51fa50a.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Booner said:

1982 full sized Bronco. Threw the 351 out in the garbage and put a 460 in it I bought from my auto shop teacher. 4mph!!! Horrible ride, looked cool but it wasn't   44" ground hawgs. 

You only went 4 miles per hour?

21 minutes ago, Booner said:

1982 full sized Bronco. Threw the 351 out in the garbage and put a 460 in it I bought from my auto shop teacher. 4mph!!! Horrible ride, looked cool but it wasn't   44" ground hawgs. 

That is so cool Booner. 44" shoes on that beast! :up:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

You only went 4 miles per hour?

😂 4 miles per gallon. Mpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, Trophy8 said:

70 something Dodge ...back when wheels became round...

yep

Edited by Shootemthenmountem
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, LPJR said:

Truth right there Shootem! :up::up:....I didn't know what they looked like so I looked it up...Manual steering I'm sure!  Nice! 

image.thumb.png.a18e6180c5a2c223bf3b30d2e19d129d.png

LOL, manual everything!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 12:50 PM, Redman said:

My first car was a 1969 Mach 1 that I still own. Have had it garaged since 1977 and just started working on it again with my oldest son. Both my daughter and my oldest boy worked and saved money to buy their first cars. My daughter baby sat and my son cut lawns. 

This is a great father/son project! Pics below of my second car, as I cannot find the pics of my pickup truck. My son and I redid the rear seat upholstery when he was only 10 years old, and we took out the entire interior together, having the front seat done professionally by an interior guy in Hardyston...Pics below of the Chevelle when it had pea green interior with a matching green vinyl roof. My dad had the car restored and the exterior painted black over 30 years ago and my son and I wanted to make it triple black eventually, exterior, interior, and roof and did so together. Was a cool project both he and I will never forget, hopefully. Final pics of the car when it was parked at the Chatterbox on the night it closed it's doors forever, just last year....Was perfect timing with the blue night sky and lights lit up from the drive in. Going to miss that place! 

thumbnail_Resized_20190611_220349_7497.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190611_222952_6775.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190611_223354_4163.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20180829_194929_3539.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_IMG_20180903_210651_561_268.jpg

Edited by LPJR
  • Like 4
  • Winner 1

63 Plymouth Fury, 318ci with two Carter WCFB 4 barrel 'power pack'.  Torqueflight push button trans.  Bucron rear tires.

• Like 2