IGNORED

Just got back from Lake Champlain

14 hours ago, OldPiney Woods said:

Very nice toxo. I much prefer those New England footballs than the ones Belicheats Bums throw. Looks like it was still pretty cold up there based on the heavy clothing you are wearing. What were the air temps?

The air was around 65 during the day down to 45 at night,water was cold and very high because of all the rain.Pete told us that the spawn was running 2 weeks behind.The fish that we where catching where just coming into the shallower water to feed before picking a nesting spot. They where some BIG girls!:up:

12 hours ago, Bones said:

I’m jealous 

Couple of guys from my club go every year in May, I’ll get there in a couple years when my kids get older or mom grows more arms 

I hear ya! Send the kids off to camp for a week and shoot up their!:fishing:

36 minutes ago, toxo said:

The air was around 65 during the day down to 45 at night,water was cold and very high because of all the rain.Pete told us that the spawn was running 2 weeks behind.The fish that we where catching where just coming into the shallower water to feed before picking a nesting spot. They where some BIG girls!:up:

Would love to do that trip!!

Did u use a guide....or u know of any reputable smallie guides up there?

9 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Adam you don't need a guide there. You are a bass fisherman, you can find them. North end for the Smallmouth and the south end for the Largemouth

55 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Both,Every year we go to a little place called Long Pond Lodge.Its far from 5 star but it gets the job done.Pete and Jane are great people! Been going around 12 years.Its on a Lake called Long Pond, in Willsboro N.Y. loaded with Largemouth and some Pike.When you stay there you get the use of a john boat. He also has a Guide package for Lake Champlain.Very reasonable.We went Mon to Fri with 1 day guided for 615 a piece.

Check them out!:up: