IGNORED

one shot, two kills - groundhogs

mazzgolf

I was watching these groundhogs during turkey season - took all my will power not to blast one when they would come in and investigate my turkey decoys. :D 

But that experience gave me the desire to go out soon after turkey season to try my hand at groundhog hunting. It is not all that easy with a shotgun because you need to get in close and not spook them (and they get "super-spooky" - usually they are on high alert). But this morning I took two with one shot B) 3.5" #4 birdshot at 20 yards.

Just helping the farmer out - the extended family of groundhogs living here have an apartment complex underground.

2019-06-03-groundhog.jpg.cf91f93c6fb40eed9182dd4c42d3d5b2.jpg

4 hours ago, Greg said:

Nice bow practice.

Whacked him twice with a field tip (not going to waste some good Muzzy's on him, if I win some Rages, then I'll waste those on him), and he survived.  Gave me the middle paw finger the next day.  Dirty bastard....

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

21 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I have been battling groundhogs in my back yard for years.  It's becoming Caddyshack personal.

Nice shooting!  My neighbors are too close to take mine out with a cannon.  I need to be more stealthy...

Get some dry ice and put in down their burrows. Problem solved. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

19 minutes ago, allmann said:

so what recipe are you going to try with these?

Well, I will admit -- I did try to skin them to see what the meat looked like. Well, their skin was tougher than squirrel, and that is saying something!! So I aborted that idea and left them for the vultures :D