IGNORED

Ok lets talk fluke baits !!!!

FishNHard

59 minutes ago, Zipper said:

Caught over 10,000 fluke on fluke belly.  Also fluke back if they wanted dark. All bait for free. Now that you guys spoiled the fluke rotten with endless varieties of gulp and colors, I got to get a second job in retirement to buy gulp! :tooth:

Fluke belly is an excellent bait .

and it’s bullshit we have to cut up a fish from our creel limit  to use it legally.

since every fish we harvest, the ribbons aren’t eatin.

no reason we shouldn’t  be able to use those discarded pieces.

should charge the. State with wanton waste making us throw them away ( very few guys eat them , some do as well as using that piece for sushi)

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

8 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Three on that shrimp fly

Honestly that’s  2 more than I expected you to say .

I have caught a lot of double digit fish , and more 8/9 pounders than I can remember .

had them on big smelts, whole squid,peanuts,snappers,and assorted strip baits .

GULP has caught probably double the big fish for ME than all those other things combined ..

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

6 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Fluke belly is an excellent bait .

and it’s bullshit we have to cut up a fish from our creel limit  to use it legally.

since every fish we harvest, the ribbons aren’t eatin.

no reason we shouldn’t  be able to use those discarded pieces.

should charge the. State with wanton waste making us throw them away ( very few guys eat them , some do as well as using that piece for sushi)

Dan,  early in the season I have also done really well with 6 to 7lb fish making the presentation look big.  By using the holographic squids and beads with spinner blades or hair teasers on a dropper above the holographic squid and a 7 to 10 inch strip bait but noticed by end of June that tends to slow down a bit

20 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Honestly that’s  2 more than I expected you to say .

I have caught a lot of double digit fish , and more 8/9 pounders than I can remember .

had them on big smelts, whole squid,peanuts,snappers,and assorted strip baits .

GULP has caught probably double the big fish for ME than all those other things combined ..

Two of those fish were caught just inside Barnegat Inlet and the other in Tuckerton. Those were the areas I frequently fished. I have only been fishing Raritan Bay for about 6 years and haven’t nailed a double digit. Many years ago a good friend of mine that fished Tuckerton a lot asked me to make him a shrimp imitation so I copied Popovics and he has multiple double digits on it. It outfishes everything when they are keyed on shrimp in channels surrounded by grassy shallow water. Only problem is bluefish cut them off instantly, little bastards.

AWM