IGNORED

Birds and Small Game?

I wouldn't try it with one of the pointing dog breed, but possible with flushing breeds.  I had Brittanies until very recently, and they had to be steady on point on grouse, woodcock and pheasants.  Squirrels and rabbits were to be left alone and never chased.  

You're looking for a versatile breed.

Check out the Deutsch Drahthaar.

So can you upland hunting in the morning duck hunting in the afternoon and retrieving and then we'll go out coyote hunting with you at night and or blood tracking your deer you shot at sunset.

If you train them right they'll do everything you need. Very strict breeding regulations, must pass a variety of field test to be able to breed including a breed show for coat and color, along with hip dysplasia and blood disorder tests. They will only be sold to active hunters.

If you're interested check out von altmoor kennels in shamong New Jersey. The guy's got over a hundred litters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Our Black Mouth Cur from the pound hunts everything, including antlers.  They were bred down south as an all around hunting dog.  Right now she's going ballistic over the fox kits under our shed.  :rofl:

Lexi's Shed.jpeg

:cool:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

i bought my first brittany last sept. i love brittanys now. my dog pointed his first bird at 6 months old. and is a wonderful addition to the family too. very loyal dogs and great upland hunting dogs.  although his love for the river recently and bringing back sticks and dropping them at my feet has me thinking lol....he loves shotguns and i really never trained him for loud noises. it just came naturally and i guess its in his blood to be not affraid of shotguns going off. 

rabbits not sure, havent tried. but i did see a couple videos of brittanys hunting rabbits. it was mainly them pointing the rabbit in thick brush, then the hunter busting it out. 

19 minutes ago, Live to Hunt said:

That dog is adorable 

he tries his hardest to find the edge of the blankets in my bed and army crawls all the way up to my head lol. he is really a great loving dog and cant wait to get a full bird season under his belt. last year he was still a puppy. 

Edited by Kype