IGNORED

Wood turtles

Awesome Brian!!
What's their status down there in WV.....protected, endangered??
Are they still in protected status in NJ?
I heard of a tracking/habitat study on these critters in NJ a few yrs ago...not sure of outcome 
They have specific habitat if I remember correctly....wetland bog/field type successional areas??

They are not state listed in Virginia. I just have to fill out a form with GPS and photos and relocate any I find out of harm’s way. Same here in NJ although they are state listed Threatened as LittleM said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should add that they live along stream corridors and rely on a variety of wetland and upland habitat types. But they spend nearly all their lives within 50 meters of their favorite stream. Some wander much further of course. I have a feeling that they are not well documented in their habitats which leads to their state listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, HNTRDIVER said:

Looks like there is some mono on the female underwater

That wound up being some grass from the banks.  The amazing thing to me is that the very channel they were mating in that morning was one we had dug out only 3 days earlier with a medium sized excavator.  My partner and I were just walking upstream taking our "after" photos when I noticed a shallow run having rippling water which made no sense until we saw them doing the nasty.  The mating photo was from Lubber's Run, the biggest tributary to the Musky, and the other two were from the Flatbrook while electro fishing (hence my rubber gloves).