IGNORED

My Fishing Buddy Got Old.....

I still remember (how could I forget?) about 30 plus years ago when I was dating this smoking hot girl for several months. I just moved in with her and I was deer hunting my azz off locally every day  at that time. (because I could) :)  She did not like me hunting much because it took away from our time together. She did say to me though "At least you don't fish."

Well..... that changed and the relationship with her didn't last too long after that. 

My older buddy who owned a boat and worked for himself corrupted me. We chased fish every chance we got wherever  they were biting and I am still doing the same to this day. Unfortunately my buddy has slowed down health wise and  he can't do the same anymore. It breaks my heart when I ask him to go fishing and he says to me he is not up to it. I do everything possible to make him comfortable so we can continue to fish together but, I can see that the days we have left to fish together are numbered. 

Honestly life is a book with many chapters and this is one of them that I am not ready to finish.

4 minutes ago, rocky said:

I still remember (how could I forget?) about 30 plus years ago when I was dating this smoking hot girl for several months. I just moved in with her and I was deer hunting my azz off locally every day  at that time. (because I could) :)  She did not like me hunting much because it took away from our time together. She did say to me though "At least you don't fish."

Well..... that changed and the relationship with her didn't last too long after that. 

My older buddy who owned a boat and worked for himself corrupted me. We chased fish every chance we got wherever  they were biting and I am still doing the same to this day. Unfortunately my buddy has slowed down health wise and  he can't do the same anymore. It breaks my heart when I ask him to go fishing and he says to me he is not up to it. I do everything possible to make him comfortable so we can continue to fish together but, I can see that the days we have left to fish together are numbered. 

Honestly life is a book with many chapters and this is one of them that I am not ready to finish.

make the days shorter, and try and fish on those bluebird days.

Hopefully can gain a bunch of trips doing so

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

17 minutes ago, rocky said:

Honestly life is a book with many chapters and this is one of them that I am not ready to finish

I hear ya, my best saltwater fishing buddy  has some health trials that hold him back a bit from the diehard he always was. Tough to see because i know his love for the salt and probably learned more from him than anyone else in my lifetime. So in a way my story mirrors yours with one exception... this October will be 25 years with my smoking hot babe

AWM

12 minutes ago, Zipper said:

We all have limited time to enjoy creation. Cherish them, because we all are on borrowed time. No one gets out of here alive. You have great memories.

Very well said.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

2 hours ago, rocky said:

You talking about your bud Jimmy?  Hope he's well. 

Do some local freshwater stuff. Plenty of freshwater spots around him.  I know it ain't the salt but at least it's something. 

12 hours ago, Swamprat said:

You talking about your bud Jimmy?  Hope he's well. 

Do some local freshwater stuff. Plenty of freshwater spots around him.  I know it ain't the salt but at least it's something. 

Yep talking about Jimmy. 

We are at the age Rocky where more and more people we know, and looked up to, are getting old.
We have to hang on to our memories and continue on our way before we too can no longer.
The best way to honor someone who once open the door for you to some new adventure is to keep the adventure going. Keep fishing and let him know every time you go.