IGNORED

Jed5741

Jed5741

What type of fish are you after?  We can better help if we know what gear you have and maybe how old your son is.  Many younger kids need near constant stimulation and won't last very long, so hitting a sunfish pond will keep their interest best.  Or maybe he wants to chase trout in a stream?  Lots of open public water up north.   

Oh, and welcome to the site Jed5741.  

Edited by Bucksnbows
welcome the newbie

57 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

What type of fish are you after?  We can better help if we know what gear you have and maybe how old your son is.  Many younger kids need near constant stimulation and won't last very long, so hitting a sunfish pond will keep their interest best.  Or maybe he wants to chase trout in a stream?  Lots of open public water up north.   

Oh, and welcome to the site Jed5741.  

Thank you for the welcome.. I am interested in trout fishing and my son is 18years old... we r both using ugly sticks with top spinners , the bait we r using are power bait, worms and rooster tails... We do not own a boat at this time because we r new to fishing.... 

49 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Welcome Jed!

I'm in central Jersey but u shud find some info on here....especially to steer u on some bites with your son!

Good luck!

Central Jersey sounds interesting,  Thank u for the welcome....my son and I r interested in trout fishing

look at the compendium for trout stocked waters.    There are never more trout in the streams with less fishing pressure than right now.   Look for bridges that get stocked and fish between them.  look for holding pockets in fast water (rapids).   They are loaded with rainbow trout.   Further off the beaten path and stocking "bridge" the better.    Toss a pink shrimp salmon egg or spinner or garden worm across stream in the fast water and hang tight and let it drift around until you are close to shore, should yield plentiful strikes.    Do not uses line heavier than 4lb test . Less visible the line, the better. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….