IGNORED

The Red Racer snake - New Mexico

Just back from a 5 day business trip to New Mexico.  I flew into Albuquerque and my client was up north near Santa Fe on a private ranch he owns there.  This snake was sunning itself in the middle of his road into the ranch, and when I rounded the corner I thought it was a rubber snake someone was playing a trick with.  Because who has ever seen a pinkish red snake before?  I never did find any rattlers, although the desert this year got a lot of rain and the vegetation was over my knees.  Looking for rattlers in tall vegetation wearing shorts and Keen sandals is not the best idea, so I bailed and ran north to Colorado into the Sangre De Cristo mountains for the day.  

P1170174.JPG

P1170175.JPG

P1170176.JPG

More random photos.  I did my research on gopher snakes versus bull snakes and all I could find is that even the experts are not sure because they show confusing photos of the two species in many of the online sites I found.  So this is either the bull snake or a gopher snake.  

P1170123.JPG

P1170196.JPG

Pond and desert and some mountain photos.  

P1170177.JPG

P1170134.JPG

P1170142.JPG

P1170144.JPG

The Sangre De Cristos are in the background.  That's snow, not clouds.

P1170146.JPG

I was certain I would find snakes around this red rock pile, but no go that day.

P1170197.JPG

The Rio Grande River flowing out of the Cochiti Pueblo Indian Reservation.  That river is ripping this spring so far. 

P1170215.JPG

P1170131.JPG

P1170150.JPG

P1170167.JPG

Edited by Bucksnbows