IGNORED

Late season turkey

MikeStaten

10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Listen, you are just deflecting and I get it. The law is very clear and you did exactly what the law states to be  illegal. To make the "attempt to approach a wild turkey for the purpose of taking or attempting to take the bird" legal, you have to have the bird close the distance.  You knew exactly where the bird was. You stalked it to withing 30 yards and you shot it.
Legal way is to locate the bird, set up close enough for the bird to hear, but not close enough to shoot it,  and call him in. Stop the BS. I believe you didn't think you were doing something illegal and that's enough for me to give you a pass but learn from it instead of making silly arguments. Yes I know, as soon as I get in my car and start driving I am already approaching my target bird:shock: but lets use common sense.

You are going to "give me a pass"???? Who designated you judge and jury????  Who gives a CHIT. I won't sleep better because YOU give me a pass.  :banghead:

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

But the bird was approached for the purpose of taking and now that the statute was posted it cant be done..  at this point it's a learning for all what the law actually says

Learning for all? I'm very well versed in the laws, thanks. And.....that law is related to actions during legal. hunting. hours. Getting situated prior to legal. hunting. hours. is not at all the same as stalking during legal. hunting. hours. Seriously dude, just think and say it out loud and put some logical reason behind it. Think about why the law is worded the way it is. Do you think it is to be so purposefully subjective and vague for hunters? Or have you even considered the possibility is it to the help CO's identify violations that more solidly convictable with evidence a violation has occurred or not? Do you honestly, truly believe a CO is going to come running through the woods yelling stalking at you for being too close to a bird on the roost prior to legal shooting time? Do you honestly think that case would hold up in front of a judge if he said well I saw him sitting too close to the base of a tree, he moved to get closer to it prior to legal shooting time, and a turkey ended up being 20 yards away. With 0 evidence of him legally doing anything that would constitute stalking or any other hunting violation as it relates to legal hunting hours (didn't load his gun prior, didn't go sneak up on this turkey after shooting light, didn't shoot the turkey before shooting light)? There's nothing subjective about it, you have had 0 evidence other than your perceived idea of evidence in the way the OP phrased his original post about harvesting a bird. All you have done is cherry picked words and definitions that you jumped on and ran with that maimed this guy. Words only go so far, actions speak louder....

Now I'm done. This has gotten really painful trying to reasonable and logical.

Shooting a turkey out of a tree isn't turkey hunting. Locating a bird and trying to get that bird to you is what it's all about, even if it was legal to stalk I still wouldn't do it. I'm sure guys that do it where it's legal get a different kind of thrill, which I understand because it's really no different than stalking a deer. Whether what he did was legal or not it comes down to it being ethical , some people were never taught about ethics and it shows. Just like, if I was hunting a certain deer all season, then on the last day that I was able to kill that deer I came across it tangled in a fence, I would not shoot it, in fact I would do what I could to free it.

7 hours ago, chenrossi said:

Learning for all? I'm very well versed in the laws, thanks. And.....that law is related to actions during legal. hunting. hours. Getting situated prior to legal. hunting. hours. is not at all the same as stalking during legal. hunting. hours. Seriously dude, just think and say it out loud and put some logical reason behind it. Think about why the law is worded the way it is. Do you think it is to be so purposefully subjective and vague for hunters? Or have you even considered the possibility is it to the help CO's identify violations that more solidly convictable with evidence a violation has occurred or not? Do you honestly, truly believe a CO is going to come running through the woods yelling stalking at you for being too close to a bird on the roost prior to legal shooting time? Do you honestly think that case would hold up in front of a judge if he said well I saw him sitting too close to the base of a tree, he moved to get closer to it prior to legal shooting time, and a turkey ended up being 20 yards away. With 0 evidence of him legally doing anything that would constitute stalking or any other hunting violation as it relates to legal hunting hours (didn't load his gun prior, didn't go sneak up on this turkey after shooting light, didn't shoot the turkey before shooting light)? There's nothing subjective about it, you have had 0 evidence other than your perceived idea of evidence in the way the OP phrased his original post about harvesting a bird. All you have done is cherry picked words and definitions that you jumped on and ran with that maimed this guy. Words only go so far, actions speak louder....

Now I'm done. This has gotten really painful trying to reasonable and logical.

Well maybe you are very well versed in the law, so lets forget about Archer, and get to the bottom of it. You stated a couple of things so I will have questions and some comments:

1. You claim the law is related to actions during legal hunting hrs. Can you show me the actual law stating this?
this is the law I am looking at :

§ 7:25-5.7 Wild turkey (Meleagris gallapavo)

(e)  The methods and restrictions for wild turkey hunting are as follows:
1.  Hunting methods shall be restricted to calling or stand hunting during the spring gobbler season.
2.  No person shall stalk or attempt to approach a wild turkey for the purpose of taking or attempting to take the bird.

Nothing about hunting hrs but maybe you found something so we can clear this up. (BTW Digest is not the actual law)

2. What you suggest in red above isthat laws are created not to enforce or protect something but rather to make it easy on law enforcement.

3. No need ti imagine some warden running through the woods in the middle of the night. The OP gave us clear account of what he did and his written statement would be enough to get conviction if he broke the law

But lets see the actual law supporting your statement. It would be good to know if its different than the law quoted above

Edited by Lunatic

3 hours ago, DBuck said:

Shooting a turkey out of a tree isn't turkey hunting. Locating a bird and trying to get that bird to you is what it's all about, even if it was legal to stalk I still wouldn't do it. I'm sure guys that do it where it's legal get a different kind of thrill, which I understand because it's really no different than stalking a deer. Whether what he did was legal or not it comes down to it being ethical , some people were never taught about ethics and it shows. Just like, if I was hunting a certain deer all season, then on the last day that I was able to kill that deer I came across it tangled in a fence, I would not shoot it, in fact I would do what I could to free it.

who cares miley cyrus GIF

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈