IGNORED

Bastard rain

Yesterday  I watched the Musky finally drop to a fishable level for the first time in weeks.  My hopes were high for the weekend.

This morning we had heavy downpours accompanied by thunder + lightning. Predictably the Musky is bank to bank once again with little hope of being fishable for the next week!

43 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

thats the pattern, same for most streams and rivers

Yes it is :banghead: Two years straight now I have not been able to capitalize on the big smallmouths that move in two sections of river i fish when the water is between 50-56 degrees. F me to tears

AWM

1 hour ago, _X7 said:

mud.thumb.png.1c25a6b76d07780b58b8415c9138b27a.pngPohat is not any better.

Wow you guys got some serious rain. We had some storms short in duration up by me but not enough to do that yet. I say yet because looking at the sky it sure looks like it's on the way tonight.

Actually, and I am glad to admit it, I was wrong.

Those storms were so short and sharp that the river level has dropped faster than I had cynically expected.

I took a day off today and will fish it anyway.  Still a bit high and on the cloudy side so I will be using my trust Mepps Anglia Brite spinners in just a few minutes before I have to get onto a 10:30 call for 30 minutes.  Then the day is truly mine...

Shit - just remembered last stocking day is today  so not fishing it after all :-(

Edited by madeinuk

25 minutes ago, madeinuk said:

Shit - just remembered last stocking day is today  so not fishing it after all :-(

Dang it, I do the same thing. Make a plan to fish a little and then realize its a stocking day. I always wished they would eliminate the closed stocking days and randomly stock the streams. I think it would break up the hordes and the fishing out of a barrel wherever the truck stops.

Well fishing was pretty good earlier today got 5 pretty quickly including a pig of a rainbow.  I squash down the barbs on my spinners and all fish were released.

Yesterday wasn't a complete waste either - I went to the Phillipsburg Walmart and got a nice brisket with a good fat cap and smothered it in dry rub - been in the smoker since 05:30.

Also got a whole beef tongue there which I will smoke tomorrow too - brining that sucker right now.

9 hours ago, madeinuk said:

Well fishing was pretty good earlier today got 5 pretty quickly including a pig of a rainbow.  I squash down the barbs on my spinners and all fish were released.

Yesterday wasn't a complete waste either - I went to the Phillipsburg Walmart and got a nice brisket with a good fat cap and smothered it in dry rub - been in the smoker since 05:30.

Also got a whole beef tongue there which I will smoke tomorrow too - brining that sucker right now.

Great to hear you are getting back out there fishing again madeinuk.