IGNORED

What’s with all the roadkill?

JHbowhunter

Am I the only one noticing what seems to be an abnormal spike in dead deer along the roads?  Early rut and full moon? I do t get it - food everywhere why they jumping in front of cars now?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

7 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Am I the only one noticing what seems to be an abnormal spike in dead deer along the roads?  Early rut and full moon? I do t get it - food everywhere why they jumping in front of cars now?

:wwp:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

I asked the question, but knew the answer. Happens every year at this time into June when majority of doe are bred on time in the fall. We used to see road killed deer all over the place but not so much anymore.

6 minutes ago, _X7 said:

I asked the question, but knew the answer. Happens every year at this time into June when majority of doe are bred on time in the fall. We used to see road killed deer all over the place but not so much anymore.

Yotes deprivation and,numb nuts learned to drive more caution!

How come town,media always alert people of fall rut hazard and never spring offspring hazard?

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Steer clear!

Whatever happened to that group I break for animals?

They had bumper stickers you could buy.

My brakes failed a couple times oops

Had a buy em  a new sticker.:eyebrow:

2 hours ago, Stan Putz said:

Exactly, they are getting ready to raise this years fawns, last years fawns are being pushed out. Happens every year around Memorial Day weekend.

Yup, deer/car collision data always show spikes in Nov for rut...and late spring for doe/fawn separation....last yrs fawns get wacked....but quite a few pregnant does will as well.