IGNORED

I found silver and gold in the Musconetcong today!

Bucksnbows

Here's the silver:

P1000011_zps1ebb5896.jpg

And here's the gold:

P1000013_zps37d95be7.jpg

One more time, because who doesn't love finding some gold?  

P1000014_zpsaf122e08.jpg

I was fishing the lower river in some water we restored last August through our Musconetcong River Restoration Partnership in what used to be the impounded section above the Finesville Mill dam we removed in November 2012.  We let the river flush out for a full year before going in last August to restore this reach.  Public access, so head down and enjoy.  These two are back in the river looking for some more tussles with anglers  :)

I caught the regular rainbow on a yellow stonefly nymph, size 8.  After missing the palamino three times on either that same nymph or a rainbow warrior or beadhead pheasant tail, I finally got him to eat an egg pattern.  He wanted little to do with my woolly bugger I tried before the egg.  Palaminos are so easy to see, obviously, that I sight fished for him.  Likely a holdover fish that's been in the river for over a year that swam down from the nearby club upstream about a mile.  The state does not stock these types of rainbows.  I was really hoping to land a big, wild brown that is hopefully using this newly restored section, but it was good just to catch a few trout after a scant 5 months post-restoration.  Sites like these fish better after one full year and best after two full years although this area should fish great by spring.  You have a shot at walleye, striped bass, muskies, smallmouth, brook/brown/rainbow trout, and possibly American shad now in this reach of the Musconetcong.    

That's awesome stuff...Ive caught a few palominos but my little brother is a trout fishing fool... He catches like 5-8 palominos a year.. Hes in Clearfield pa and there are an absolute ton of both wild and stocked streams. Of course all the palominos are all stocked.. He caught a brookie last year that he was pretty sure would have broke our state record here and he let it go!!!! He thinks it 7+! He also hits the lake erie tribs in the fall for the steelhead run... He keeps a couple of those and smokes them...

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

I've booked two guide trips because of this fish so far.  I had no idea folks wanted to catch these genetic mutants :)   :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA   that's funny!!!!  

Whats next? Albino catfish trips???  Or Koi bowfishing trips?

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

Hey that's my stretch of river down there..... :hmmmer:  NJ used to stock what they called Golden Trout way back when. I only caught one in the Musky above Bloomsbury when it was open to fish. All private now. Mountain Lake (Liberty Twp) and Round Valley reservoir gave up quite a few for a couple of years..

Hey that's my stretch of river down there..... :hmmmer:  NJ used to stock what they called Golden Trout way back when. I only caught one in the Musky above Bloomsbury when it was open to fish. All private now. Mountain Lake (Liberty Twp) and Round Valley reservoir gave up quite a few for a couple of years..

X7, there's still a 1/3 mile stretch of public water between Warren Rod & Gun's leased water and their club-owned water.  Lots of fish in there as well since the state stocks it and the club fish never seem to stop swimming at the overhead wire ;)

It's part of the Musconetcong WMA and well marked.  State has an A-frame home on this property that various Division employees have lived in over the years. 

Edited by Bucksnbows