IGNORED

D week complete

vdep217

So I worked till after 6 this morning and almost didn't go.  I took a ride and found birds with a hen on a power line.  I skirted the edge in brush to about 100 yrds..  got set up and started with light clucks got a gobble..  I kept quiet for a few no more gobbles and nothing coming.  I let out a series of cuts and they all gobble and I see them cross to the other side.  I herd them gobble again this time further I decided to switch it up and got on the other side on an inner trail..  I started clucking and purring on the glass.  All 3 gobble again..  but this time a hen chimed in with excited yelps I did the same. She started again and I cut her off with cutting..  within minutes shes coming dead on and now at 10 yrds yelping and cutting looking for the ghost hen trying to take her boys..  I cant believe she didn't bust me as I had little cover.. as shes 20 yrds to my right shes yelping and a gobble erupts from where she came from.. I make sure of the hen n slowly get on the gun.  The first bird to emerge was the Jake.  As he gobbled I could hear one long beard right behind him..  it took a minute for him to stick his head up but when he did 30 yrds and it was over..  what a great hunt...

Edited by vdep217