IGNORED

Rainbows were hitting tonight!

LPJR

Brought Jr to his Lacrosse practice at Veterans Field in Stillwater and brought the trout poles to do some fishing... Pond Brook and the Paulinskill are right there.....

Met up with the "Shad Roe Gourmet Chef" Jack who had the same idea and we did some fishing for Rainbows as it was gorgeous out. Never have we seen this stretch of stream as high and as fast as it was tonight. Jack starts nailing them right away and was going heavier with splitshot than I was. As soon as I added more, the contest was on! We were catching some and losing just as many...

Caught and released at least a dozen between the two of us, I kept 6 as I am going to give them to my cousin who has been asking me for some.  Took some pics, met a friend of Jack's that was fly fishing next to us, and was just a good old relaxing night. Perfect way to end the week.  Next time I am bringing a big old stogie! The smell of honey suckle and the cigar was a perfect combo! 

Good time Jack! :up:

thumbnail_Resized_20190517_194826_7459.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190517_194759_8599.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190517_194907_897 (1).jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190517_194724_1738.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190517_205923_5641.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20190517_224032_3153.jpg

Edited by LPJR

Just now, JHbowhunter said:

i was sweating my nads off in those heavy waders.. Never even set foot in that water, should have worn my muckers.   You under counted the trout.....  

Didn't want to brag :D.....Yea, we slayed 'em tonight actually. Turns out our buddy was fishing the same stretch before the LAX practice and did well also! 

A good night for sure. Those are some nice trout. I was heading to my secret hole behind my place, but discovered it wasn't secret anymore. I approached the spot unnoticed and saw the rare sight of a fisherman there putting a fish on a crowded stringer. I came back to the house. Hope he left a few. 

Love your rod Lou!Your vest is cool too.lots a pockets,soon you'll look like Brian,but will you remember what pocket has what? Lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 minute ago, Buck154 said:

Good times guys :up:

I may have had to "assist" Luigi going down a steep grade to get to the spot.  Easy fishing with this high water for him once there - just stand on the bank.    This guy refuses to give in - a machine. Turkey, trout - no stopping.  Wouldn't shock me if he does the upcoming DC 300 mile bike tour - even if on a scooter. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

7 minutes ago, _X7 said:

A good night for sure. Those are some nice trout. I was heading to my secret hole behind my place, but discovered it wasn't secret anymore. I approached the spot unnoticed and saw the rare sight of a fisherman there putting a fish on a crowded stringer. I came back to the house. Hope he left a few. 

Trooper station down stream is gorgeous.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt