IGNORED

Moth@&#%ing DECOYS!!

68Ioweu1

That’s it!!!  Never again

I don’t understand wtf it is with me and using decoys. I never have any luck, I set up in a corn stubble field that’s been infested with some great old longbeards.

its typical slam dunk field where they’re always put strutting in the sun. 

Nothing would come near the spread. They spotted the decoys and held a 60-80 yard perimeter 

Some great looking Avian x I was in a well concealed ground blind.

never again!

decoys for sale, cheap!!

Remember you are trying to disobey nature by calling a Tom to you..  in nature the hen goes to the tom..  visually he seen the hen(decoy) and was waiting for her as inscribed in his being..  possibly not having one may have peaked his interest to come looking but not a gurantee..  I have had better luck with out as well but have had them come to decoys

I have never developed a "pattern" in my mind that tells you when a turkey will be lured in with decoys, and when they won't. Maybe a broad (but not always true statement) would be earlier in the season is more productive than later.

I have seen birds come charging into decoys, run away from decoys, and everything in between. I have a video I took with my cell phone a few weeks ago (too large to upload) of a hen attacking my decoy, thumping it, and pecking at it for 3 minutes straight, this happened twice in the same day (different hens).

Another "trend" I've seen is a decoy with any type of motion seems more effective, but I just can't bring myself to trying a motorized stand or buying a decoy where you pull a string and make it rock or tail feathers move (but really don't care what others do). I really think that a bird often wants to see motion in a decoy, almost like if a girl calls over to you in a club or bar, you waltz over and all you see is someone who looks like a store mannequin or blowup sex doll...I'd be leaving also.:laughing:

I know guys have all kinds of theories on decoy placement, when to use a jake/gobbler/hen scenario, etc. etc.....but again, I can't see any real pattern. It's a crapshoot most of the times at best.

Edited by Stan Putz

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

I have no problem having them come right into the avian X decoys.

toms pounding on the. Jakes while other toms are trying to ride the hen decoy like a mechanical bull.

‘I’m thinking they smelled the sauce

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I been there 68Iowe sometimes it works and then not others. That’s why we love doing this so much.  Nothing more fun then being able to out smart the game we chase

Edited by Live to Hunt

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈