IGNORED

My first bucktails

JHbowhunter

Pretty happy with how these turned out. Got 20 molded blanks from Buck154 in sizes 4-5-6 ounce and had protec powder already in glow white glow green and pink. Had synthetics for tails , thread, and tying vise - all from shad darts.   Buck154 and Hammer guided me through the process - even bought a 2” fluid bed off E-Bay for $19.   I could not imagine dipping jigs this size without a fluid bed.  Anyway - came out great I think here are some 4 ounce samples. Added my own bunker dots with a sharpie lol.  Ordered some larger eyes for bigger sizes before I finish those.    Thanks for the guidance John and Dan!   (Dan will get special satisfaction watching me lose these on his boat). 

4F3D188C-0333-4A4E-81CF-EEBA4881FF7B.jpeg

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

6 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Very good Jack, time to start saving the tails off the deer you shoot

IF I ever shoot another deer... my skills are fading....   Missed a really big buck last year!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

When it comes to bucktails some are good, some not so much. You want tails that have narrow kinky hair that is not too hollow if you want them to lay right and look natural. I will bring an example to the next get together so you don’t waste time on inferior ones

AWM