IGNORED

Pig problem

This is at my friends place. I had a new mix i whipped up and soured corn with and filled this turkey feeder with it. As you can see, it worked. Found 4 bodies from this group. the one in the back you can see the blood spray in the thermal as its running. Wind was bad so shots were 125 to the trough and the splatter shot was about 200.

2 minutes ago, ratherbhunting said:

Cool! What state were you in? What caliber did you use? I was just down in Georgia and hunted on  4/08/19 & 4/09/19, there are a lot of hogs down there.    

Ga about 1hr west of Savannah. DPMS G2 Hunter 308, 168gr barnes TTSX

12 minutes ago, mattg1500 said:

Is there a way to post it so you dont need to download it?

It needs to be in an embeddable format to play with an HTML5 video player.  AVI is not one of those formats so it just attaches it as a file to download.  

Options are to upload it to YouTube and post that link here or convert it to MP4,WebM,or Ogg but the problem is with browsers.  They don't support all those formats and no one format works with all browsers.  Giant PITA.  YouTube is the best option.  

19 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

It needs to be in an embeddable format to play with an HTML5 video player.  AVI is not one of those formats so it just attaches it as a file to download.  

Options are to upload it to YouTube and post that link here or convert it to MP4,WebM,or Ogg but the problem is with browsers.  They don't support all those formats and no one format works with all browsers.  Giant PITA.  YouTube is the best option.  

The first 80% of this message went waaaay over my head. But i understood PITA and youtube lol. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I have the same rifle, with an EOtech and magnifier, have not shot it yet.

Mines about 5yrs old now. It loves those 168gr. I wish i went with the 18" barrel instead of 20 for mobility but i still love it. Killed many things with it. I use a PMAG but you have to shave the top of it or it wont cycle right or lock back. If you find any older gen pmags they work without trimming. Other than that its aces

10 hours ago, mattg1500 said:

Ga about 1hr west of Savannah. DPMS G2 Hunter 308, 168gr barnes TTSX

You are definitely on the "X" hunting there.

I turkey hunt every year near Albany, there has DEFINITELY been an increase in hogs in that part of the state, at least on the farms I have permission for. I'm afraid they are there to stay now.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook: