IGNORED

Known Maniac Kills 2 Hikers on the Trail

DavidG

That’s horrible.

I remember years ago hiking in Harriman St. park and planning to hike about 1.5 miles in to a lean-to shelter with my wife. As we came up on the shelter I stopped dead in my tracks because someone was obviously “living” there and it wasn’t a hiker. We quietly backed out and hit the improved campground that night. Always have situational awareness…you never know what could happen.

Sickening.  In the 1970's I did a few week-long hikes on the AT.  Met some colorful characters, but I never felt threatened.  Maybe with age comes wisdom.   I'd sure think twice about doing it now, especially since there really is no real means of self-protection out there other than a handgun, and what a legal nightmare that would create!  

I have come across some neferious characters in the woods.

One place I occasionally shad fish on the Delaware is a half mile down a dirt road from the main road to the river bank. Last year there was a group of characters there that made me wish I was carrying a conceled firearm. Thankfully nothing happened.

I have also seen evidence of homeless crazies living on Paulinskill WMA. That is totally half assed camp sites. These of course could also be attributed to teenagers having drinking parties.

Once I encountered a crazy homeless guy who was wandering around Whittingham WMA during muzzleloader deer season

Just saw this on FB this morning.

Unreal. That is why carry is so important everywhere. It might not have saved one or the first person, but the next may have had a chance.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford