IGNORED

Bad luck strikes again!

Well not only has turkey hunting and getting close to sealing the deal but not working out been driving me nuts but now I’ve gone and hurt myself again. Last week I was trying to tighten a leaking union with a pipe wrench and I almost stopped it but it was still leaking. I braced myself for one last go at it and yanked with all I had..... that’s when my shoulder came out of socket. I managed to get it back in and it’s only a little sore but keeps wanting to pop out. I had my arm in a sling for a week and it seems to be getting better but still pops every now and then. I can’t draw my bow back.... ask me how I know..... yep I’m an idiot!!!! Anyone ever have this happen and how long did it take to recover. I’d really like to hunt with my compound this season and not just the crossbow. This sucks!!!

Aim Small Miss Small..........No such thing as a bad day spent hunting.

Uhg, i injured my shoulder last season and it has taken several months to get better. I just was able to bring the peck machine back up to 180lbs two nights ago at the gym and I almost came home and tried to draw the compound back. I caught my head and refrained. Don’t do it until you are 100%, may take several months, good luck

AWM

Had it happen many times and now that it's happened once itll be easier for it to fall out again and again.  It happened to me during bow season and 2 days later I tried to draw the bow back and couldn't do it so i stayed home and what was on my camera that morning i didnt go was the big 9 i was after of course.  As far as how long you'll be out everyone is different.  Sometime it would take a couple weeks for mine to get good sometimes a few day and sometimes more all depends how bad it came out and how long it was out for and how much damage was done to everything.  Hopefully yours was minor, mines not so much they keep telling me to get surgery but I cant afford to be laid up for that long.  Also dont let it sit in a sling, I did that and the shoulder actually froze in place and it was weeks of physical therapy with horrible pain to get it free again.

Shoulders are tricky sometimes, take care of it , let it heal . You may want to get it checked out too . I had a shoulder that would pop quite often , it became second nature just popping it back in . Between playing football , baseball , and lifting it was bound to happen . My job is pretty intense on my shoulders and ironic when I went to help my dad build an addition to his barn it popped in a very weird way , I knew it was done . Labral tear , and rotator cuff was destroyed and had to get surgery on it . Still to this day it gives me discomfort but nothing like those days of leaning up against the bumper of my truck or a sturdy wall to pop it back in . 

Good luck and make sure you take care of it sooner than later if you need to .

4 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

That's why God created crossbows

I’m not against hunting with my crossbow but I just enjoy my compound more especially after getting a new bow last year. I had to hunt with my crossbow two years ago until I had my left shoulder scoped after a bicep tear reconnection. 

Aim Small Miss Small..........No such thing as a bad day spent hunting.

1 minute ago, Kilbo said:

I’m not against hunting with my crossbow but I just enjoy my compound more especially after getting a new bow last year. I had to hunt with my crossbow two years ago until I had my left shoulder scoped after a bicep tear reconnection. 

I bought a crossbow a few years back after 8 cortisone shots in both shoulders, front and back. Have gone back to the compound since, however I like having the option if I choose to use it

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Dam Kilbo sorry to hear this.  After I had my shoulder repaired I started shooting a crossbow and I really enjoy it. Never thought I would and it killed me go to a crossbow because I love the bow but I am never going through what I did again with my shoulder so crossbow it is. As long as I can still hunt 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Did you hurt your shoulder drawing a bow?

No I fell on my shoulder then years of working out like an idiot. 

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈