ChefBrian

Looking for maybe not an official club, but a group of like minded folks.

I’m an adult onset hunter. I’m in my mid - late 30’s, and finally got off my ass and got started in the field.  I’ve fished my whole life, and I’ve shot clays for quite a few years.  I’m just getting into archery hunting for deer, and gun hunting for small game.  I have a few buddies that I hunt and fish with that are along the same experience level as me.  I’m looking for some folks that will lend a hand in showing us the way to get set up and be successful.  

I fish and hunt primarily for meat.  I’m a classically trained chef and a wine guy.  Successful hunting and fishing trips usually end up in big dinners with many pairings, and lots of laughs.

I live in Morristown and work in Bergen county, so any folks in between want to meet for a beer and shoot the bull?

• Like 7

welcome to the site. there is an elite group on here that have fish egg get togethers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Welcome to the site ChefBrian!  Lots of good folks on here who I'm sure can offer you some tips.  We also have meetups throughout the year (wood cutting, BBQs, fishing trips, holiday parties, etc), you should come by and join in on the fun!  Members often meet up randomly at bars/restaurants to catch up and BS too.  Great way to meet like-minded individuals! :up:

Do you have any specific issues you've run into while hunting/fishing?  Where about are you hunting?  Public/Private?

Welcome to the site chef I'm sure you'll find some good people here to show ya some things I'd take ya up on the offer but I live to far away and dont have as much free time to hunt now since I have 2 kids and runnin a business but there's plenty of good guys on here to help ya out,  just make sure they dont have cats those ones are alittle iffy.😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Septicdude said:

Welcome to the site chef I'm sure you'll find some good people here to show ya some things I'd take ya up on the offer but I live to far away and dont have as much free time to hunt now since I have 2 kids and runnin a business but there's plenty of good guys on here to help ya out,  just make sure they dont have cats those ones are alittle iffy.😂

You just cut his possibility of finding someone to help by about 50% when you told him to eliminate the cat owners. LOL

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Welcome to the site ChefBrian!  Lots of good folks on here who I'm sure can offer you some tips.  We also have meetups throughout the year (wood cutting, BBQs, fishing trips, holiday parties, etc), you should come by and join in on the fun!  Members often meet up randomly at bars/restaurants to catch up and BS too.  Great way to meet like-minded individuals! :up:

Do you have any specific issues you've run into while hunting/fishing?  Where about are you hunting?  Public/Private?

I wouldn't say I'm running into issues per se, just looking for somebody to help me actually get started.  I'm generally hunting public land generally in the Flatbrook area, and the Black River area.  I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction, give me some pointers, maybe do some scouting, that sort of thing.

8 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

You just cut his possibility of finding someone to help by about 50% when you told him to eliminate the cat owners. LOL

i have 2 cats...

• Like 1
  • Disturbing 2
  • Winner 2

21 minutes ago, ChefBrian said:

i have 2 cats...

Oh then you will definitely have takers then. Those cat guys are a solid group. Don't know how well they can hunt, but they are a solid group. LOL

• Haha 2

Live To Hunt! Where you at?! 

Wine....cats??  

This smells fishy.... .

• Haha 2

I can meet up with you if I can become a mod? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome aboard Chef!!

You will enjoy the site, learn a bunch, n meet some great fellow outdoorsmen n women!!

Too far to beer it up...but I'm sure there is a beer crew in your area!

Good luck afield and look forward to trying some of your recipes that you recommend. 

Chef

As a fellow restaurant guy shoot me a message anytime and if I can help i will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We have a number of get-togethers over the course of the year.  They are a great opportunity to meet folks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChefBrian said:

i have 2 cats...

Here they are!

• Haha 5

Welcome to the site Chef.

This whole cat thing keeps going over my head....

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1