IGNORED

Father & Son hunt ideas

Didn't want to hijack the bear post, so here is another.  Would like to do a father & son hunt and prefer deer.  Looking to avoid planes, if possible.  Older son is graduating college this weekend and younger son is 16, so looking to create a memory.

Thanks for any help and info.

A plane is involved but very short flight. 

Consider Anticosti Island? Very reasonable. And you won't shoot a giant. But you will see a bunch of deer. Be treated like a king and eat to it comes out your ears. I did it for 6 yrs. It was fun. Kill 2 deer either sex per Hunter. 

But don't go to Sepaq. It's government owned. Go to Port Menier,I believe it's Lake Genviere( it's been a while and spelling mite be off )  the community runs there own hunt. 

It's fun but included in the price is a short plane flight from the mainland to the island. It's no big deal

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

Look into a pronghorn hunt in Wyoming.  I took my son and daughter on one with Trophy Ridge Outfitters in 2014.  We flew into South Dakota, visited Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Deadwood, and Devils Tower.  We were all successful with spot and stalk hunts.  We did all of this in 5 days(including the flight).  The hunts are relatively inexpensive as well

pronghorn.JPG

6 hours ago, Tuck said:

Any personal recommendations??  Would like to go to someone that one of us has been too before:worship:

KoKosing River Outfitters.Jeff and Amy are GREAT people,you will not meet anyone nicer! The Food,Lodges,treestands and properties are all 5 stars!:up:

1 hour ago, Tuck said:

THANKS.  Don't really have a price range yet, but cheaper is better!!!  I really wish hunting was prime in the summer; I am a teacher and have off:rofl:

we did the pronghorn hunt over the Columbus day weekend.  Took the kids out for only one or two days-great time of year to see the Black Hills

Moose hunt on Newfoundland is on my list....

Duck huntin the St Lawrence river system in NY is up there.....

And, a standing timber duck hunt in Stuttgart Arkansas has always been a dream....

Whatever u guys do, u r guaranteed memories of a lifetime!!  

I will be in the same boat in 5 yrs, w my older bou graduating HS n my younger one just getting his huntin license!!

14 hours ago, Tuck said:

THANKS.  Don't really have a price range yet, but cheaper is better!!!  I really wish hunting was prime in the summer; I am a teacher and have off:rofl:

I know with 3 of you it will be a big bill but Be very weary of cheap Hunts! You usually get what you pay for...............

Have you thought of  a Small game hunt? You 3 can have a Blast for a very reasonable cost at a Pheasant place. 3 day Turkey Hunts are also reasonable.

Edited by Dinger