njbowhntr

Hamskea Hybrid Hunter

1 hour ago, kanigie said:

I shoot a Hamskea rest on my target bow and love it, QAD on all my hunting bows. What issue did you have with the QAD?

While the Hamskeas can be set up cable driven I never seen them set up that way. The long cable down to the limb concerns me in a hunting application.

That's just me though.

No issues with the QAD. At present it is on the bow. I have a vibration noise on the new bow. So to rule out rest I swapped rests. That was not the issue. But have not swapped back to the Hamskea. The bow is tuned and ready to hunt. I may put the Hamskea back on after the season.  

1 minute ago, njbowhntr said:

No issues with the QAD. At present it is on the bow. I have a vibration noise on the new bow. So to rule out rest I swapped rests. That was not the issue. But have not swapped back to the Hamskea. The bow is tuned and ready to hunt. I may put the Hamskea back on after the season.  

What bow? 

2 hours ago, kanigie said:

What bow? 

Bowtech Realm X.  I pulled the cable guard and lubricated the plastics contact spots. Quiet now. When it comes time to swap strings I am going to lubricate all pivot points. For some reason Bowtech does not use lube, but they make a great shooting bow. 

17 minutes ago, njbowhntr said:

Bowtech Realm X.  I pulled the cable guard and lubricated the plastics contact spots. Quiet now. When it comes time to swap strings I am going to lubricate all pivot points. For some reason Bowtech does not use lube, but they make a great shooting bow. 

Shooting the same bow this season, love it.

I've been told the roller guard bearings start to go and can be the cause of that sound.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kanigie said:

Shooting the same bow this season, love it.

I've been told the roller guard bearings start to go and can be the cause of that sound.

I picked this one up off eBay, brand new for almost 1/2 price. Tags still on it. Right now I am shooting stock strings.  I have a set of JBK strings coming in this week. Normally I shoot Threadz strings. This will be my second set of JBK, was impressed with the first set on my PSE. 

• Like 1

No real problems with the QAD. Guess i just read too much into the theory that a cable driven rest can throw timing of. So my search for limb drivin began. Full containment weighed heavily on my decision as well as ample vane clearance on the Hamskea. I never worried about the cable down to the limb because there are already a couple other cables running down there anyway. Its no different.