IGNORED

Unethical or Ethical - You Be The Judge

yoda4x4

What makes it ethical or not ethical to me is: The unethical guy "thinks" he has the skill for a clean head shot kill. The ethical guy "knows" he can cleanly kill that deer with a head shot. They both expose confidence. But one guy (ethical one) spends the time sighting in his equipment and spends more then 15 minutes a year at the range. The unethical one just thinks he is a good shot.

Head shots are completely unethical.  Anyone who disagrees tells me all I need to know about their "lifetime" experience with firearms. 

Using a .50 BMG on a deer is ridiculous & doubly moronic.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

6 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Isn't Keith Warren the Prince of High Fence Deer?    That's all I need to know.    Doesn't represent me, never will.

Agreed.

I am not a fan of Keith Warren, his shows, (management mostly) and that video. Actually cannot stomach to see when he is on. Next channel happens immediately if he is. 

3 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

Head shots are like any other shot. If you posses the skill and the situation is right it's not only ethical, it's practical. I've butchered hundreds of deer. There's a ton of meat wasted in any "kill zone" shot. It's not a shot that everyone should take but honestly there's a lot of people shooting at deer with bows, crossbows, shotguns, muzzleloaders and rifles that don't practice and have no business taking ANY shot at a deer.

Now, I'm gonna put myself out there for public ridicule and to be the recipient of tossed rotten vegetables. I have killed many deer with head shots. I consider myself a much better than average shot with most long guns. I have my own 100 yard rifle range on my property and I shoot something (meaning guns) just about every weekend and more frequently in the summer.

The fact is, if you want to maximize this....

butcher.jpg

You want to perfect this....

P1020113.JPG

Just asking Woods...a BMG? Come on now, that aint hunting...that's plain killing brother! Anyone disagree?

No. I've never shot a BMG. I wasn't commenting on the caliber, just on the viability of headshot by a competent shooter. But as far as .50 cal goes. I'll post this picture up again. I shot this group at 100 yards with a .50 cal muzzy. That's a 3 shot group in the upper left. I adjusted the sight and my fourth shot was the bull. So would I be confident shooting a 4 inch target at 30 or 40 yards under the right conditions? YUP!

target.JPG

Edited by Woodsman416

I only shot one deer in the head with my slug gun at 30 feet. At the time, we had to bring the deer to a checking station and when I did, there was a game warden there and he looked at the deer and made the comment that it was a dumb thing to do. I told him that I had no intentions to do it ever again.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

1 hour ago, Woodsman416 said:

No. I've never shot a BMG. I wasn't commenting on the caliber, just on the viability of headshot by a competent shooter. But as far as .50 cal goes. I'll post this picture up again. I shot this group at 100 yards with a .50 cal muzzy. That's a 3 shot group in the upper left. I adjusted the sight and my fourth shot was the bull. So would I be confident shooting a 4 inch target at 30 or 4 yards under the conditions? YUP!

target.JPG

3 shot's....that is a bad group with a muzzy.... a 50 cal BMG? Come on brother