IGNORED

FYI - A large warehouse has been proposed on a mapped tributary of the Musconetcong River

There are several being built in Phillipsburg off route 22 right now. The only good thing is we were able to carve out land along Lopatcong Creek as public access for trout fishing, hiking, bird watching, etc. And my firm is restoring 1.5 miles of that stream there and upstream beyond Stryker Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be there at the meeting.

The Bloomsbury truck stop is a nightmare already with rigs pulling out into Route 173 without looking and making car drivers have to stop incessantly.  One day there will be a bad accident there.

The state ignored their own maps and approved this from what I heard.  They ignored the trib running across the property.

It will be a nightmare for people living in that area who use the Asbury Bloomsbury road to access Route 78.

If I ever see a state trooper booking those asshats driving rigs onto Route 173 without the common courtesy to wait until no one is coming - I will personally deliver a box of Krispy Kreme Donuts to the Perryville barracks!

Edited by madeinuk

6 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

There are several being built in Phillipsburg off route 22 right now. The only good thing is we were able to carve out land along Lopatcong Creek as public access for trout fishing, hiking, bird watching, etc. And my firm is restoring 1.5 miles of that stream there and upstream beyond Stryker Road.

It is already an eyesore with only more eyesores to be built. The rural nature of Warren county in those threes adjoining townships of Lopatcong, Pohatcong, and Greenwich will never return to its country atmosphere. Look at it already.They keep shoveling 10 lbs of crap into a 2 lb bag. The part you mention will be within eyesight of monster buildings and overpriced apartments. The serenity is already broken up by the voluminous traffic on 22. They call a world of warehouses full of robots and roads full of tractor trailers progress. I call it troubling.

Edited by _X7

It is already an eyesore with only more eyesores to be built. The rural nature of Warren county in those threes adjoining townships of Lopatcong, Pohatcong, and Greenwich will never return to its country atmosphere. Look at it already.They keep shoveling 10 lbs of crap into a 2 lb bag. The part you mention will be within eyesight of monster buildings and overpriced apartments. The serenity is already broken up by the voluminous traffic on 22. They call a world of warehouses full of robots and roads full of tractor trailers progress. I call it troubling.

I completely agree. Your former congressman Scott Garrett was someone I knew well when he was in office. We had a private conversation in his DC office several years ago and he told me that one of his laments in life was watching Sussex County become suburban when it had always been farmland. Scott lives on a farm in Sussex County. He said he hoped warren county would never go that way.

It's the same story repeating itself. We all, on daily bases, benefit from what the trucking industry provides but we don’t want to see it or be inconvenienced by it. Like the gas line or asphalt plant... we can’t do without it but not in my neighborhood. 

I’m a little late to this thread and haven’t really had time to be on top of the goings on in the forums. We totally do NOT want this and will try to make future meetings. I hope this does not happen, it will radically change that beautiful area [emoji35]

I went to the meeting.

Key points:

• The Franklin township committee appears to be very much in support of this development
  • The overwhelming majority of people at the meeting were residents who did not want this to happen - I did not hear one member of the public speaking in favor of this
  • The planning committee voted to further investigate setting the development up under a redevelopment plan using a PLOT (Payment in Lieu of taxes) to try to get the lion's share of any revenue money which will be paid as a 'service fee' (95%) with only 5% going to the county who will have to service the road between the depot and 78 - plus all the rural feeder roads that we know truckers will use to avoid the weighing station on 78
  • The township consultant planning officer enticed the Township Committee will promises of revenue but the residents would rather pay more taxes and have a better quality of life - I am positive that the net impact to each household will be so diluted that it will be negligible.
  • The area along route 57 has largely been restricted to development due to the Highlands Act so the township committee are drooling at the thought of more of other peoples' money to spend provided by this development

In other news - the DEP ignored their own rules, maps and documentation in approving this project - that approval is currently under appeal

Edited by madeinuk

With all due respect stratocaster an open minded discussion of the “economic opportunities” offered by continued development and disruption of open spaces and natural access is probably the last thing needed.  Seems like I can find plenty of places to go for economic opportunity but decent fishing and hunting and outdoor spaces, not so much.