IGNORED

Got Warm Gloves!!!

Gruntmaster

If you have good gloves, please let the cat out of the bag and tell me what kind you have.

My hands were frozen today...

Not going to happen again.

Must be getting old.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

I have flip top mitten gloves that stay back out of the way with magnets. Inside there is a thin glove over your fingers. The thumb is the only uncovered finger when flipped back. Best gloves for winter I ever used. Found them at dicks sporting goods. There's even a pocket for a hand warmer pack .

Interesting puzzle.. I've pretty much solved all my cold body parts in extreme cold weather problems cept 1.. my hands.. Been wearing some thick arctic type gloves but they are cumbersome and dont work very well with the bow OR my pump shot gun for that matter and still, my hands get REAL cold at times.. So, iv'e been experimenting lately.. The chemical hand warmers do work but i have to fiddle with hem too much to keep them going.. they need fresh air to get hot so when you put them in your glove thay gradually cool down.. The last few time out iv'e tried something new and it has worked pretty good.. I eat a bacon, egg on toast sandwich just before i head out.. so far every time i've done this my hands have been rather toasty.. dont know why exactly but who cares.. it seems works sooo... But before i give this new technic my full endorsement i need to try it a few more times... just a little food for thought.. :cupcoffee:

Edited by Axiom

:D

What kind of beacon do you find generates the most heat...         

lol..Im not sure what kind it is but i use 4 slices... and 2  large eggs and white bread toast.. It does seem to work... In fact my hands tend to sweat alot.. so much  so i have to dry the inside of my gloves after a hunt.. Gonna switch to a lighter pair and see how it goes..

I use cheap camo finger mitten things (the fingerless gloves with a mitten garage) and put these things on underneath:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___68168

They keep my hands warm down to about 0°F.  I use an entire layer of silk (feet, legs, body, hands, head) and that thin layer makes all the difference.  The silk gloves wear out after a season or sometimes mid-season, but they do the trick.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

My hands and feet sweat when I get cold, even with super thin liner gloves my hands will sweat.         

well i wasnt suggesting they sweat when they get cold.. They dont.. but they do when i go out after eating a bacon and egg on toast sandwich...

What kind of beacon

.. oh crap.. :doh2: .. i just got it... :pcwhack: .... :rofl:

Edited by Axiom